Chapter 1 Tris POV

All I can hear is a faint beeping coming from a machine. I lay flat, with my arms at my sides. Unable to move. Unable to open my eyes. I said no. To my mother asking me to join her in death. I told her that I couldn't leave him. I told her that I love him. Even if it was just a hallucination. Just a dream. Now can I hear footsteps coming closer. And a voice, no, two voices.

'Please don't do it! Give her one more day! please!" says one of the voices, a deep voice, obviously male.

"I'm so sorry Four," Four! Tobias! My Tobias is ok! "If she hasn't woken yet, I'm afraid... She's gone." Says a woman, probably the doctor.

"I know, I just... can I say goodbye before you unplug her?" Tobias says.

"Of coarse," says the doctor before I hear her leave the room.

Tobias walks over to the bed that I lay on and sits beside. He takes my limp hand between his. If only I could show him that I'm alive. Just lift the slightest finger, say the slightest word. I hear him faintly crying.

"I love you Tris. I love you so much. I never should have left you. This is all my fault. I told you I'd see you soon and I did but you were... cold, motionless. Dead." He says as he leans down and gently touches his lips to my forehead. I don't know how but every time he touches me it sends electricity coarsing through my veins. It gives me energy.

"Not dead just yet, Tobias" I whisper but loud enough for him to hear. I slowly inch my eyes open to see his face light up with joy, love, happiness.

"Oh my god Tris. You're alive! You really are alive!" He says before he takes my face in his hand and kisses me. Wow, have I missed that. When he pulls away he just stairs into my eyes. And I stair into his deep blue eyes that you could get lost in forever.

"You don't I'd give up that easy do you?" I say. He laughs.

"Nurse!! She's awake!! Tris is awake!!" He shouts as a nurse runs into the room and smilles at me.

"Hi, Miss Prior. I'm Dr. Mullins. Let me just check your vital signs." she says cheefully as she walks over to the other side of my bed.

"Good news!! Everything's functioning properly, without life support!! Her words fill me with relife. I'm alive.

--------------

HI GUYS!! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF MY FIRST CHAPTER?! SORRY IF IT'S NOT GREAT, THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC. PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT!! THEY JUST MAKE MY DAY!! I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER CHAPTER THAT IS LONGER! UPDATE SHORTLY!!