27 | safe and sound

Start from the beginning

"sorry.." even when jisoo stopped him to apologize, he still did so. taehyung felt like it was him who started all this mess. his family. at nirvana, at their friendship.

if only i wasn't too eager to seek happiness in this place, none of these shits could've probably happened.

"taehyung," jisoo warned him, her eyes tearing as she tried showing him how wrong it is to blame himself.

"it was never your fault," jimin says, his head raised at the night sky. "you remembered what you said last fireworks festival? that it doesn't matter if we have one thing that dims our light?"

jisoo beams and stares at taehyung, her lover's lips were parted a little, amused at how jimin shows him love even after everything that happened.

"because we have way more gleam other than that ruining darkness. brighter side and different standpoint if you look around," jisoo followed 

"yeah.." after a fee seconds of silence had passed, taehyung slowly nods. "the cresent moon and the dolphins.."

"nevermind what happens after the fireworks ignites," jimin smirked, raising his sweater a little so he could wipe away his tears before they could even see him. 

"you know, chim, you're actually good at words," jisoo tried lifting up the mood as taehyung slightly giggled at her.

"yeah, well, i can give you both more," jimin laughs, facing them before saying a line.

"it is our choices that show us what we truly are," his voice changed and acted like he was a wizard, faking his beard and carressing it jokingly.

"are you dumbledore?" a voice interrupted their laughs and a giggled was followed.

three of them turned their heads, only to find out it was finally the girl they had been searching for since earlier. "jennie!"

jennie, without even saying anything, let out a sob as she rushed towards them, hugging the three all at once.

jisoo finally felt relieved as her heart ease out the pain earlier. her hug became tighter as she heard jennie crying, too weak to even let go of them.

"i can pray all day to thank God," jimin says, staring at jennie like he was afraid it was the last time he'd see her.

"stop with your curses then," jennie jokingly answered back, earning a small laugh from taehyung.

"we have to deal with that first," jisoo follows causing jimin to pout at them, coming closer to taehyung and hugs him sideways.

"best bro, they're bullying me again."

jisoo and jennie groaned at the same time, leaving taehyung to laugh nonstop again.

fine.

they were fine with it. all four of them.

but deep down their hearts they know they will never be complete without the other half beside them.

🐬

"are you sure your parents are fine with you coming home late? we've been at the evacuation center for almost six hours or more.."

when the clock stricked ten, jisoo decided to go home. she tried telling jennie to sleep there for tonight with her family while their houses are still being inspected.

but jennie refused saying it's better if they stay at the evacuation center, to hear news and such of what really happened at the factory near them.

jimin then decided to stay with her and her family, while taehyung and jisoo would go home and be back tomorrow morning again.

"yep, i called them earlier," jisoo nods, being extra careful as they were already at the seaside.

she glanced around to check if they were any dolphins playing around, but to her dismay, she saw nothing but the gloomy sea.

"hey," taehyung calls her, immediately noticing the sad look in her eyes. "they're just probably resting. it's fine, we can see them tomorrow," he gave her a smile.

but then, a thought popped inside jisoo's mind as she glanced at taehyung. she remembered what jennie told her earlier- how they evacuated the area before the explosion even happened.

"mayor knocked on everyone's door and told us to leave. he was panicking, like.. afraid of the locals not believing him. but then the factory started releasing some type of black smoke, then he told everyone that no one was there because it's sunday. it should be closed.. and that's when everyone panicked."

but where was he when everyone was already at the evacuation center? where was he when everyone was at chaos earlier?

"tae, your father-"

he scoffed. "i hope i won't see that evil-"

"he's not evil, taehyung," jisoo mumbled. "you father is not evil. i'm assure of that."

"then what's with all these bullshits he's doing in his own hometown?" his eyes went bloodshot, too tired to even try understanding his father's point of view.

"that's the point.. we need answers," jisoo slowly says as she reached out something from her pocket.

"jennie gave this to me. she said she saw mayor holding this before everyone panicked.."

taehyung's jaw clenched as he reached for the paper, opening it with his trembling hands, his eyes raging as he read what's inside.

" five bombs, one down.
poor little nirvana. "

;;