22 | apologize

🐬

🐬

"jungkook!" jisoo's yell was enough for the mentioned boy to stop from giving taehyung another punch.

she didn't waste any time and went closer to him immediately. she helped taehyung stood up, guiding him to rise as he was just lying on the sand, giving jungkook a free will to hurt him.

"stop it! why are you blaming taehyung?!" her bloodshot eyes faced her other friend. jungkook gasped in disbelief, his hand raising to point disrespectfully at the man behind jisoo.

"stop defending him! you've seen how he manipulated us, right?! he told us he'll help! he told us he'll talk to his father! turns out it was his father's doing all along! and he even had the fucking guts to tell us that he's willing to help?!"

"taehyung was unaware of that! why would you think of him helping his dad with some shitty dirty doings like this!"

but then, chaeyoung interrupted her by screaming back. her tears nonstop pooling her eyes. "because he's still his son, jisoo! why are you even taking his side?!"

"i am not taking any sides! i just need the both of you to think what the hell are you doing! taehyung is not and will never be involved in what happened!"

"BULLSHIT!" jungkook spats angrily. "don't give me that crap, jisoo! you've seen how he lied to us! and why would he fucking help if it was actually his father who did the mass termination?!"

yoongi kept pushing him away just in case he would lose his control and attack taehyung again. he also kept his opinions alone by himself too, just letting his friends argue about what was happening.

"no, you don't get it, kook! what makes you think taehyung would help the mayor in terms of this?! he's just a teen like us! why would he meddle with your parents' jobs-"

"and if he was really trying to be a hero, why didn't he confront his father when he knew about it?! don't fucking tell me he had no idea! they live in the mother fucking same roof-"

"jungkook! your mouth!" she tried lecturing, but he was just too angry to even listen.

"answer us, taehyung! don't fucking lower your head and act miserable here, you're the one who started these shits! your father-"

"jungkook, stop! just stop it!" her scream was loud enough that caused chaeyoung to also hold jungkook. the latter kept his silence, glaring at taehyung.

"i'm sorry.." were the only words taehyung mumbled in repeat. his head down low and his grip on jisoo's hand was getting tighter as if it was the only thing he could get strength of.

"we don't need apologies, taehyung! we need an explanation! why would your father do that!" chaeyoung started breaking down once again. yoongi even had to hold her by her shoulders so she could stand straight.

"let's go," yoongi tried telling the both of them, grabbing them by their shirts. "let's go, i need to get the both of you home."

because of her weak state, chaeyoung let herself get dragged by yoongi while jungkook remained straight, standing in front of jisoo and taehyung.

"let's go," he called her.

"jungkook-"

"jisoo, let's go," he repeated but his voice cracked and a tear fell down.

"kook, come on," yoongi placed himself in between jungkook and the two, as he keeps pushing the younger to leave.

"come with us," jungkook mumbled in an almost breathless voice. jisoo pursed her lips to stop herself from crying when she slowly heard jungkook's sobs.

"jisoo, don't take his side-"

"kook, i'm not taking any sides!" she reminded him, her hold on taehyung's hand getting tighter.

"then let's go!" jungkook once again pleaded. he tried to take a step forward just so he could approach jisoo, wanting so bad to get her away from taehyung.

"jungkook! fucking let jisoo decide on her own!" yoongi finally exclaimed. brushing his hair using his fingers, he groaned in annoyance when jungkook once again glanced at taehyung and scowled at him.

"yoongi.. take care of them.." jisoo mumbled when she saw jungkook taking a step back. yoongi nodded at her, mouthing the same words as he held jungkook and chaeyoung's arms so they could finally walk away.

"i can't believe you.." jungkook only whispered under his breath, staring directly at jisoo.

she knew hearing those words shouldn't matter, but it stabbed her heart knowing jungkook misunderstood her because she didn't come along with them.

she wasn't taking any sides, for real, she was sure of that. but seeing taehyung, getting attacked only because it was his father's fault, will never be understandable.

when their friends are finally out of their sight, she faced taehyung who was still keeping his head down. his hand was still holding her, afraid that once he let go, she'd be gone far from him.

"tae.." jisoo started. "please.. jungkook didn't mean those words. he's just.. angry.."

but it broke her heart more when taehyung only nodded as if the only thing that could make everything better, for now, is to understand their agony.

when it was past minutes and he was still not saying anything, that's when jisoo cupped his face so he could at least see him clearly.

her heart sank down in an instant when she saw the tears silently flowing down his cheeks. taehyung looked away, not even giving jisoo a glance.

jisoo tried to wipe away the blood at the side of his lips, but then taehyung did something she didn't know that could make her cry.

he slowly bent down, his knees carefully touching the sand. jisoo gasped as soon as she realized that taehyung was kneeling. right in front of her.

kim taehyung, the mayor's firstborn, is kneeling in front of her!

despite the shaky hands, taehyung wrapped it around jisoo's waist. he buried his face against her flat tummy, and that's when he finally let his guard down.

"taehyung.."

"please don't hate me," he tried hard not to sob, but it still escaped from his lips. "please don't tell me you hate me.."

jisoo bit the inside of her cheeks, hoping it could stop her from crying aloud. but then taehyung's sobs became louder, his arms around her waist getting tighter and tighter as he repeated his words for her.

"i'm sorry.. please don't hate me.."

🐬

can you hear
me sobbing
like tae 😭