Chapter 9 The Gourmet

Neo POV

I had time off from school today so I decided to meet up with an old friend. Her name is Yoriko, I've known her since I was little. She was one of the first few people other than my family who treated me nicely, despite what I am. We met up in the city and were just mainly talking and walking. After a little bit we ended up at a small café. It was nice to meet up with her, the last time I saw her was a few weeks before I left for Beacon. 

Yoriko: So how is Beacon going so far?

Me: It's fine so far, people have been giving me a hard time but I'm surviving. Luckily I have a supportive team to back me up. So how are you doing, I heard you were going to become a chef. 

Yoriko: Yep that's the idea. My skills are fine right now but I'm looking to improve them. 

Me: You're already I great chef. I remember when we were younger you would always bring me something that you made and I always love it. 

Yoriko: You're just saying that because we are friends. 

Me: Hey I mean it. 

we continued to chat until s smelled something that made me raise my guard. It was another ghoul, one who I recognized. 

???: My, my, if it isn't the young Neo Branwen. 

I spun around in my chair. I saw him wearing his usual blood red suit with his stupid smile and purple hair. It was Shuu Tsukiyama. 

Tsukiyama: It's been quite some time since we last talked hasn't? And who is this young madam?

I saw him eying Yoriko and stepped in front of her. 

Me: Can I help you Tsukiyama? 

I said that with venom in my voice so he would know to back off. 

Tsukiyama: No need to be hostile, I just merely was walking around town and saw you. 

Me: Well you saw me, now you can go. 

Yoriko: Hey now need to be rude. 

Tsukiyama: I believe we haven't met before, my name is Shuu Tsukiyama. 

Tsukiyama held out his hand and Yoriko shook it. 

Yoriko: I'm Yoriko, so how do you know Neo?

Tsukiyama: We were old friends, not anymore really. 

Yoriko: What happened?

I quickly stepped in. 

Me: We had a huge argument, didn't really see each other much after that. 

Of course that wasn't the real reason why, but I couldn't let her know the truth. 

Me: Hey Tsukiyama, why dont we talk in private.