𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

"how's your head? no hallucinations or weird throbbing since your visit right?" you asked him as you sat down at the restaurant with ushijima.

he'd seen you looking visibly uncomfortable from the stares you got since you were still in your pyjamas even when it was noon, and lent you his jacket.

"i'm okay. worry about yourself." he advised and you slumped in your seat.

"my supervisor is gonna talk my ear off for missing work."

"even though you got kidnapped?"

you scoffed. "as if i'd tell any of my co workers i got kidnapped. except hiyori."

a waitress placed the orders on the table and since you were feeling absolutely starved, you dug in almost immediately.

both you and ushijima talked while eating, purposely avoiding talking about heavy topics. "how's your work?" he asked you.

"it's incredibly time consuming. and my supervisor is always making me work extra hard, but apparently it's because he 'sees my potential' or some shit." you sighed. "what about you, how's your work?"

"it's okay. some weeks i do nothing and other weeks i can't go home because of the workload. not a predictable job, anyway."

you finished up eating and paid for the food. "ready to go?" you asked.

"i could've paid." he frowned.

"you paid last time." you reminded and picked up your phone, "i really need to get home. i'm still in my pyjamas."

"sure, let's go." he stood up and took your hand in his, almost out of old habit. he hesitated for a moment, as if he was second guessing his move, but you gave his hand a small squeeze and offered him a smile.

ushijima dropped you in front of your dorms, but he seemed a little reluctant to go.

"wait here, i'll get changed and i'll be right back." you told him.

"you said the same thing in the morning but you never came." he pointed out.

"wakatoshi, being kidnapped wasn't a choice, even if i made it sort of easy for them." you chuckled. "so unless i get kidnapped again, i'll be right down."

you stuck to your word too, and you changed in a hurry so as to not make him wait.

he looked relieved to see you again as you climbed into the car and handed his jacket back. "thanks for letting me borrow it."

he shrugged and took it back. "where should we go?"

"anywhere, honestly."

he thought for a moment before nodding and starting the car.

"where are we headed?"

"i think you'll like it." was the only response you got.

~•~

"wakatoshi, are we really going in here?" you asked, the excitement evident in your voice.
it had been a long drive, and it was already quite late since you had to drop by the hospital and make up some 'family emergency' as your excuse for not showing to work that day.

"you don't want to?"

"no i do! i definitely do! lets go!" a small smile rested on his face when he heard the enthusiasm in your voice. he'd been worried that you'd be too tired after your hectic day, but you seemed more energetic than ever.

"two tickets to for the aquarium please." he said at the counter, and you couldn't stop grinning.

"i haven't been here in years." you whispered, mostly to yourself, but ushijima heard and felt quite happy that he brought you here.

you spent at least an hour, just wandering from glass window to glass window, marvelling at the way fish swam around. "wakatoshi, look! these jelly fish are so big!"

"why are these called clownfish? they don't look like clowns at all. i know people who show more clownery than this fish."

"this one looks like a star!"

"that's a starfish, (f/n)." he deadpanned.

"i knew that." you mumbled, even though it really has slipped your mind. "are you okay?"

"why do you ask?"

"you just seem quieter than usual." you mumbled.

"it's just that if i knew you'd pay more attention to the fish than to me, i wouldn't have brought you here." he sighed.

you were silent for a moment before you changed the topic. "wakatoshi, did you know jellyfish have no brains?"

"reminds me of someone else i know." he hummed.

you gasped. "i should be offended, but honestly i'm just impressed. that was a good one. up top!" you held your hands up for a high five.

(A/n: i'm pretty sure its a high ten but i didn't like the way it looked when i typed it out so 😗✌🏼yeet i guess)

he raised both his hands to let you high five him, but instead you dodged and wrapped your arms around his torso. "you don't need to be jealous of a bunch of fish, wakatoshi. i assure you."

ushijima's frown eased and you felt his strong arms around your waist. "i need to tell you something."

"i'm all ears." you told him softly.

"(f/n), i think i still have feelings for you."

you smiled even while your face was buried in his chest. "good."

"good?" he asked.

"because i also still have feelings for you."

~•~

yuhhh ok this was pretty much a filler but i wanted some fluff ok leave me be,,,

y'all gonna get your angst soon ❤️ but also fluff because um,, i wanna give ushijima some good memories ok pls i'm being too mean to him and dumping angst on him hhh

n e ways i hope you enjoyed