"Where are you going?" Edmund chased after me, the girls close behind him.

"Finding whatever or whoever did this," I grumbled.

---

Y/N'S POV

Not sure splitting up was the best idea, but we did have to inspect an entire village so I guess it was the most efficient idea. Efficient or not, walking into an abandoned flower shop by yourself feels a bit uncomfortable.

"Hello?" I called into the shop. No one answered.

There were stairs in the back which meant there might be something on the second floor. I walked through the maze of flowers, taking my time to look at each as I went. Most of them were dying or dead, only a couple were flourishing. As I made my way over to the suspicious flowers I waved my hand, willing the dying flowers to grow and giving them life again.

The flowers that were already healthy were all the same, a beautiful deep purple orchid. They gave off a pleasant and calming aroma, although it was quite strong. I picked up one of the pots, taking a deep sniff of the flower. The scent filled my lungs and I immediately recognized the feeling.

"Heavy blanket," I muttered, my vision getting blurry as I struggled to stay standing. "Should've known."

I heard the loud crash of the ceramic pot falling from my hands before everything went dark.

EDMUND'S POV

A loud crash sounded from the street to my right.

"Y/n," I muttered before sprinting towards the source of the sound.

The door to a small flower shop was open and I ran right inside, catching a glimpse of Lucy rounding the corner of the street. As soon as I entered I saw Y/n's form on the ground, her dress and the floor around her covered in dirt from a broken pot.

"Y/n!" I knelt and scooped her up in my arms, keeping her head up and checking for any injuries.

"What happened?!" Lucy ran into the shop, out of breath.

I shook my head, telling her I didn't know. She looked fine but wouldn't wake up, just like Susan and the rest of the village. I cradled her closer, muttering pleas under my breath as Lucy ran out to get Peter.

I felt kind of bad for not being as frightened when Susan wouldn't wake up, but this was Y/n. My Y/n. I don't know what I would do if she didn't wake up. She was everything to me, all that mattered in the world. I couldn't lose her. The world could fall apart for all I care and all that would matter was that she was okay.

My chest suddenly felt heavy as the realization set in. I love her and I never told her. She has to wake up, or else I will personally haul her back from the afterlife just to tell her that I love her.

I chuckled a little at the thought of how much she would scold her for doing such a thing. I looked down at her peaceful face, taking note of how beautiful she looked when she slept. Leaning down, I gently pressed my lips to hers, pulling away just before Peter and Lucy barged in.

"How is she?" Peter asked as he knelt next to us.

"Just like Susan," I sighed, "She won't wake up."

"As bad as that is, it means that she found what caused this. Get her back to camp and look after her and Susan, Lucy, and I will handle this."

I nodded and stood up, Y/n still in my arms. Thank Aslan I train so much, a sleeping Y/n is quite heavy. After I jogged back to camp, I set her down on her blanket before placing my own on top of her. I did the same to Susan with Lucy's blanket before sitting down on Peter's and sipping from my flask of water. I watched Susan and Y/n, trying to figure out what made both of them fall asleep at different times in completely different places. Susan fell asleep normally but wouldn't wake up like the rest of us, so something happened in her sleep. Meaning whatever put her to sleep was still here.