#22

Naomi's pov
Wow. i never expected Ella to react that way . This was getting out of hand

I walked over to Kelly thinking about all that must be going through her mind but suprisingly she wasn't crying but she looked upset.

"Kelly, are you okay?"

She smiled back."yeah."   She seemed to be handling it better than i thought.

"Nawa for ella o"

"Don't worry about it, i just feel she's going through alot."

She asked if i would wait for her during rehearsal but I said no.

As much as I would like to stay behind and help my friends out. I had business that needed to be sorted out at home. Few minutes later I grabbed my school bag and left.

I had use google, instagram Facebook,LinkedIn, all social media i could lay my hands on to look up the woman.
It broke my heart when i  find out that she was legally married to my father,  with a son. They stayed somewhere in Ireland which meant there was a low chance of them crossing part with us so Dad's cover was safe. My dad was one of those cheating fathers, a player. I struggled between keeping this information to myself or involving my mom. she'll be devastated.

When I got home,  my mom was  resting on the sitting room chair, although she wasn't asleep because she glared at me as I entered.

"Mummy. Good afternoon. "

No reply.

She was giving me the silent treatment. That means she was still mad about the issue with dad on last night.

"Naomi, let's talk"

I walked up to the her and sat at her side. Making up my mind that no matter what she must never find out about by "loyal" dad.

She began.

"Why did you lie about your dad's phone the other day"

"I'm sorry mom I .."

"He was really upset"she cut me short.

Upset? Daddy of the year. I pretended to be sad. I knew she couldn't bear to see me cry and i exploited it.

"Okay you're forgiven, just don't do it again." Trust mom, she was such a softy. Although she seemed to be bothered about something else

"Mom are you fine?"

She quickly straighten up trying to conceal her thoughts

"Yeah. Your dad had to go for a quick trip to job at Ireland, he'll make it up to you when..."

"Ireland!!!" I was furious.  I could hear my self panting as i stood up from the chair. Mom just stared at me in awe.

This was too much for me. I thought I could handle this but i couldn't. That man couldn't even stay with us one week before running back to his concubine.

"He shouldn't come back!" I spilled out before thinking it through.

"What did you just say?"

I couldn't stand it anymore, i had to get out of here and quick before I say something else.

My blood boiled as i angrily matching up to my room but she screamed at me before I could make a break for it.

"Get back here young lady!!" She sounded so furious.

Something about the way she spoke  made me stand where i was. I turned to face her.

"How can you talk about your father that way" she drew near to me. I knew she'll never hit me but somehow I made me feel scared and furious at the same time for how she defended my father.

" Your father struggles everyday to make sure you're fine and put food on this table"

"You sure about that?" I challenged. Naomi dont say it, but it  was too late now.

"Daddy has been cheating on you mom! He has another wife somewhere in Ireland and you're defending him" I was shouting too now.

There's so much a 13 year old girl could take. I wanted to be that strong girl who would walk through this but i couldn't. My dad has another family, did I really know what this means and how it would affect my future?  I need to let it out this pain.  After the incident with my period I wasn't going to let anything eat me inside anymore.

Mom was silent.

There was one final thing I had to say, I couldn't hold it any longer it was now or never.

"And they have a son!! Mom, dad has another child!!"

Silence.

I imagined what she'll be going through right now.

"I know you'll find it hard to believe me but I..."
For the first time in my outburst i looked up at her. She was in tears.

I just stood there distorted while she cried. I didn't know what to do. She looked broken. I had broken my mom. The realisation hit me, I felt numb .

But there was something in her eyes. I could shake it off, the more i stared at it the more I couldn't shake off the feeling. Finally i understood what it was.

" You knew!!!" I shrieked.

Silence.

"Mom !!!" I screamed.  I was already loosing my mind.

She  stared at the ground in confusion
Weakly she muttered under her breath.

"You were never suppose  to find out..."