#21

Kelly's pov
So Friday. Today was the final day of school and everyone seemed to be gisting about ss3 after party and obviously the boys were talking about who and who they will rock. Gosh,  boys.

Normally I'll also be gisting with my girls but Ella still hasn't spoken a word to me even after i apologised numerous times. She even stopped sitting with us and goes home by herself. I didn't want our friendship to end this way.

"Babe, are you okay?" Naomi pulled me back to reality.

"Yes jare, i just want to settle this fight with Ella, she looks sad."
We both glanced across to Ella who was writing on her book and faking to be okay but we knew she wasn't fine at all because her mouth was making that twitch it does when she has cried or is angry.

" Just leave her alone, when she's ready she'll come around."

I sat up straight and took my eyes off her. "Alright, so where's the venue for the after party?"

"I sent it to your WhatsApp na."

"Oh, mumsi seized my phone jare."

"Ah, why?"

And so that's how i narrated the whole incident with reginald and how i had to explain to mumsi about the whole thing. Mumsi believed me and let me go after a  three hours sermon on my body is the temple of God, sex and to stay away from men aka "men are scum".

Naomi laughed  all through.

"Babe, naso you shalaye o."

"Asin hehnn."  we laughed together

"I'm just happy she didn't ban me from today's rehearsal and tomorrow's VS."

I wasn't really concerned about the VS, actually jimmy was the only reason I was going to the VS then again it brought Ella back to my mind.

I turned to look at her again and this time it was obvious she was fustrated.
I felt a longing within my chest for my best friend, i just had to speak to her.

"Nao i have to talk to Ella" with that I stood up before she could object. Saying a silent prayer in my mind as I approached her chair.

Somehow I got infront of her without her noticing, close enough to see her last text to Jimmy, something about meeting up later. Was jimmy the reason she was upset?

"What do you want ?" She flashed a threatening but weak look at me.

"Ella, i'm tired of this, i dont want to fight you anymore "

"Don't talk to me!" She fired, drawing the attention of my class mates into our conversation.

But I wasn't going to let that stop me.

"Ella I'm not going to pretend like I didn't hurt you or you didn't hurt me but we have been friends for as long as I can remember " my eyes were already teary now. She stood up from the chair,we were eye to eye now. The swollen pockets under her eyes were visible.

"So?"

"So you're my friend, i love you. And i can see that you're going through alot right now and I just want to be there for you. " That was it. I was done fighting, I wondered how things got so bad in the first place.

Finally looking up, I could see the drops of tears rolling down her cheek.  There was no way I could stay mad at her. She was my  BFF, best friend for life.

I leaned in for a hug but she shoved me aside.

" I told you. don't talk to me!!" She screamed.  And with that she walked away. Taking with her every last  hope of us ever getting back together again and destroying 12 years of friendship.