Diana

We walk to his house in silence. As we get to his house I gasp. It's blue with two stories, and a red door. He slings his arm around my shoulder as he opens the front door.
"Mom! I'm home!" He calls out and a plump lady comes running down the stairs.
"Hello love! How was your day? Oh, and who is this?" She asks in a thick British accent.
"This is Diana. Diana, my mom. Mom, Diana." He says. I wave to his Mom. She smiles and waves back.
"We're going to go do our homework." He states and pushes both of us toward the stairs.
"Ok. But I'm making salad with hamburgers!" Connor's mother states and heads to the back of the house. We enter his bedroom. It's full of posters, clothes, and video games.
"This is nice." I say while sitting down in a beanbag baseball.
"It is. Now let's get to doing our homework!" He says and sits in a football beanbag. We talk and do our homework like slugs. Then his mom is ready with dinner, we head downstairs. I only have salad, my favorite food, Connor has two hamburgers and his mom has a hamburger and some salad. It then gets dark out so I get ready to go home.
"I need to go." I say with my backpack on.
"Ok, I'll see you on Monday, right." He says. I nod and he enwraps me in a hug. He whispers in my ear. "Promise me you will stop cutting, please?" He says, sounding like a lost dog.
"I promise." I say, but I know in my head I won't be able to fulfill the promise.
"Ok. Goodnight!" He says.
"Goodnight!" I say and head out the door to my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school on Monday:

"Hey" I say nonchalantly as I lean against a locker near Connor's locker.
"Hey." He says opening his locker. "I need to ask you something." He says.
"What's your question?" I ask getting scared, did he see my new cuts on my wrist, I mean I only show an inch but that's enough for him to know.
"Did you cut this weekend?" He asks and looks into my eyes, almost into my soul.
"No, not at all." I lie.
"Good." He says. The second bell rings meaning we need to get to class.
"Ok. Bye, see you in Spanish." I say and turn around.
"Wait, I need to tell you something." He says grabbing my arm and spinning me around to face him.
"What? I need to get to Algebra so make it quick." I answer.
"I lied. Last Friday. I lied about not having a crush on you. I'm sorry." He says looking down at the floor.
I gasp. "Why?" I ask.
"Because I felt awkward and uncomfortable saying it in front of people." He says in the now empty hallway.
"Ok. Well I need to go to Algebra. See you in Spanish." I answer and turn around again.
"I need to ask you something, please wait." He says. I sigh and turn around.
"Ok. But make it quick. I have never been tardy this year and I don't intend on being tardy today." I answer, now annoyed.
"Will you go o-on a... d-date with m-me?" He asks looking down at his shoes. "Y-You don't have t-to."
"Yes I would love to go. Now we need to get to class, me to Algebra and you to Government. Bye!" I say and turn and walk away.