Discoveries at the Holy Tomb

Part 1: White Clouds

Garland Moon

The Goddess' Rite of Rebirth

The end of the month had come quickly and Freya was back to her training. She thought about Dimitri and their date at the beginning of the month. She had a fun time and they were able to let loose for once. It was a shame that Sylvain ruined the ending to their fun night. Speaking of Sylvain, he made sure to always follow her in his spare time. It got to the point where she started hiding from him. There was no avoiding him today though. Today was a mission.

She stood prepared with the rest of her classmates. They surrounded Byleth who was discussing the task at hand.

"The Goddess' Rite of Rebirth is finally here. Let's move ahead with our plan," Dimitri said.

"Leave it to me," Deduce said, "Professor, are you in as well?"

"Of course," Byleth answered.

"We've narrowed down their objective... Kind of. So let's show everyone that we can carry out our duties better than anyone!" Ingrid said.

"We're counting on you, Professor," Dimitri said.

"You seem a mite too relaxed for my liking. The Goddess' Rite of Rebirth is about to begin," Seteth said walking up to meet them, "While we are in the Goddess Tower, we are relying on you to secure the locations that are lacking in defense."

"May I let you in on something, Professor?" Flayn asked, "My brother can be a bit... Callous. He told me that he was concerned about you and hinted that you would be better off patrolling a coffin!"

"That was said in jest, Flayn. And in confidence. Please just remain by my side and do not cause any more trouble," Seteth said unamused, "As a professor, you would do well to remember that it is your duty to guide your students down the path of righteousness."

"Please excuse us, everyone," Flayn said politely, "We shall see you again after the ceremony has concluded."

"It's time," Dedue said.

"Alright, let's stick to the plan and go hide where we can watch over the entrance to the Holy Mausoleum," Dimitri debriefed, "If anyone suspicious enters, we'll follow them in and take them down. Got it?"

Everyone headed to the Holy Mausoleum and Freya held out her sword ready to take action. By the time they arrived, Freya widened her eyes to see it filled with intruders. In the center of the holy place was a knight on a horse. She glared harshly.

"It would seem that our foes have broken in," Freya said, "Looks like we'll have to take them out."

A mage at the end of the room where the casket presided muttered, "Those Central Church dastards have spotted us... Buy me some time while I open the seal on the casket."

"I'm on it," another intruder replied.

"The enemy is after the casket of Saint Seiros. Do they intend to steal her bones?" Dimitri wondered, "We must defeat those enemies before they open the casket."

They advanced and Freya countered an attack when the same mage at the casket spoke, "Death Knight! Prove your strength and scatter these fools."

Death Knight, Freya thought, What kind of name is that?

"I don't take commands. Or waste my time on weaklings," Death Knight said back.

"That knight looks like he had experience. It would be foolish to challenge him recklessly," Dimitri said and glanced at Freya for a brief second.