Conflict in the Holy Tomb

Part 1: White Clouds

Pegasus Moon

Throne of Knowledge

    With Byleth attaining newfound power, Rhea planned for the professor to receive a revelation from the goddess. In doing so, the entire class would be there with her as her warriors. Freya felt an immense honour of being present for such an ordeal. She stood ready with the Blue Lions and Byleth.

    "A revelation from the goddess... To think we'll have the honour of attending such a historical event," Dimitri said amazed.

    "I hear the archbishop will accompany us to the Holy Tomb," Dedue informed them.

    "If something happens to her, all of Fódlan will suffer," Ingrid feared, "We must protect her at all costs."

"This may sound mad, but perhaps we don't have to worry much about that," Dimitri replied, "Lady Rhea has said before that she is capable of protecting herself. I have a feeling that is true. I thought it was a strange thing for her to say. And beyond that, her movements bring to mind a great warrior with an extensive military background."

Freya shook her head, "Still, we should not let our guards down for a second. Our enemies are still out there."

"I never imagined attending a ceremony for a real revelation," Ashe said.

"I wonder what the ceremony will be like," Mercedes said curiously, "I'm so nervous! I'm not ready for this."

"There's no chance for battle unless something goes terribly wrong, right? How boring," Felix frowns.

"If you keep saying things like that, something is bound to happen," Sylvain told him.

"What's wrong, Flayn," Annette asked Seteth's little sister, "You look like you have something on your mind."

"Who, me?" Flayn says snapping out of her trance, "No... It is nothing. May we all see this through to the end."

"Your Highness, I will protect you no matter what," Dedue said.

Dimitri didn't say anything.

"Your Highness?" Dedue asked.

The prince grunted as if having a headache.

"You haven't seemed like yourself lately," Byleth said to him worried.

"Hm? Ah, I suppose you could say that. Nothing to worry about," Dimitri said, "It's about time for Lady Rhea to arrive. Let's all steel ourselves for whatever may occur at this ceremony."

They followed Rhea into the location of the Holy Tomb. Freya could not hide her astonishment. It had been underneath the monastery this entire time. She believed she found all the hiding places in the monastery, but perhaps she missed the biggest one of all.

"Are you surprised, Professor? This is the Holy Tomb," Rhea smiled.

"Incredible... To think such a vast space has been hiding beneath the monastery all this time..." Dimitri said, "I wonder what powers that giant mechanism that descends beneath the ground..."

They followed Rhea deeper into the Holy Tomb. They stood at the base of a throne.

"This is where the goddess who created this world was laid to rest, along with her children," Rhea explains, "It is said that our creator- the goddess Sothis- sat upon this very throne. Professor, do you recognize this throne?"

"I do," Byleth nodded.

"So long... I have waited so very long for this day," Rhea smiles, "Sit upon the throne. I have no doubt you will be given a revelation from the goddess."