XXXV - The Last Battle

Start from the beginning

"Öffnen Sie das Portal für die Verteidiger der Gerechtigkeit!"

Not far away, the landscape split in two in a way that a portal was opened. Surrounded by howling winds, the walls opened to allow the arrival of those summoned by Philip.

Leading the way, Enzo Thyodar stormed into the castle's yard holding his double-edged blade.

"For the honor of Odin, I shall fight with bravery."

He was followed by the Mage King Agathor, who also had in hand his great sword, and then Queen Elheonora, who had her quiver on her back and her bow in her left hand.

"We are here to help you, son," the warrior mother said. She was next to the father, who had a smile on his face as he raised his sword and looked at the enemies.

On the other side of the battlefield, the rival sorcerers couldn't believe their eyes. How did the Phantom Man manage to perform such a powerful magic? Klaus and the creature were shocked. They were totally staggered as they saw all the people that were crossing the portal.

The good Basnet wizard Tyrone Weslley; Joseph Boyne, the Irish mage with the battle axe; Evelyn Hollyn, the brave sorceress; and all the members of the other clans.

"I thought I'd never see your hideous traitor face again, Klaus," Tyrone, the head of the Basnet clan, said.

"Likewise. But I'm sending you back to the other world again, you bet."

Tyrone laughed. He was decided to turn his rival's life into real hell. King Albert had also showed up. He was riding his horse as he carried his sword and his shield with the coat of arms of Germania. Behind him came the captain of the royal guard, the same one who trained Philip to be a warrior. Queen Mariele was on his right.

"I've come to fight for my son," the King said, making his son even prouder for the presence of all his parents.

"I'd never miss the chance to see my son again," the queen said as she looked at the young man.

The ancient monks also crossed the portal to assist the brotherhood in the recovering of the Book of the Dead.

Right behind them, a different figure appeared. Due to the darkness of the clouds, initially a pair of yellow eyes were the only thing that could be seen. Then, a furred body crossed the tunnel's walls. It was Dark Moon, Juan's wolf friend, who always helped him on his battles.

"My friend!" Juan shouted, smiling when he saw it.

Dark Moon first showed its fangs to the enemies, and then gazed back at its companion for so many years.

The Basnet warlock laughed full of arrogance as he saw the team that was arriving to help his adversaries.

"Have you all come to save the tied-up Phantom Boy? Or the feeble immortal old man who seems more dead than alive?"

Elheonora took a spear from another warrior and threw it at his direction, who held it with one hand.

"You'll need more than that to defeat me, fearless woman. However, since I'm the most powerful, I'll make sure to show it to everyone who dares to face me."

The battle began, now more balanced. The wolf ran towards Juan and bit the vines in which he had been trapped, releasing him. In a few minutes, the old wizard was free again. Then the animal went to help Philip. The Mage King Agathor brandished boldly his sword against Fratello's claws.

Tyrone cornered Klaus. They began to fight fiercely with their blades, which sparked each time they crossed in the air. In a crosscut, the chief of the Basnets hit the traitorous warlock in the arm. Blood gushed from the cut, and the wizard covered the wound with his hand, feeling a strong pain. But then he managed to strike back by hitting the opponent's leg. The battlefield was a true sea of blood.