XVII - Supernatural

The young wizard was constantly doing his best to assist those souls that belonged to the spiritual realm as he lived his new life in the 21st century. Those were once living and breathing human beings that now needed someone to talk to them in order to help them find the path to achieve inner peace. Nevertheless, Philip also had the feeling that danger was just around the corner. He could feel its energy getting stronger every day. Especially because everyone in the spiritual realm commented on his power incessantly. In addition to that, his greatest enemy was immortal, and he was surely rushing through centuries to finally meet Philip somewhere, someday, somehow. One day, the executioner would reach the time when Philip lived and the young man's life would be at stake, just as those of the ones he loved.

In the day that followed the robbery, Philip worked hard. He taught several classes, and was exhausted when he finally arrived at the hostel. He lied on his bed to get some rest before he bathed. He had the feeling that something strange was stalking him.

Suddenly, his cell phone beeped with a text message

"Hey, baby! We had quite a night yesterday... I thought those bandits were going to kill me and that we would never see each other again. I just can't stop being surprised by what you are able to do."

"Please, Alexia, don't tell anyone the things you know about me. People wouldn't understand..."

"What really happened yesterday? Can we meet Friday night? NO unpleasant friends this time." She smiled as she typed.

"Sure! I miss you."

"You look tired."

"I had a busy day! But tomorrow I will be as good as new."

"Get some sleep my love. See you on Friday, then. Kisses."

Alexia also had a very busy day in the office and was exhausted. All she needed was to relax.

As Philip and Alexia texted each other, two cops were in a routine car patrol a few blocks away. Unexpectedly, the one that was driving stepped on the gas. His eyes were frozen as if he were mesmerized, and they widened when the car entered the wrong-way street. Many drivers tried their best not to crash in the patrol car. A few yards ahead, the patrol car ended crashing right into a huge truck that was parked. The accident was so serious that both cops died instantly.

People gathered around the accident while ambulance sirens echoed in the distance.

"Back off! Now!" Said a firefighter. The loud sirens were certainly a sign of bad news.

A few moments later, the patrol and the truck exploded. Huge flames spread all over the place, causing people to run in desperation to save their lives.

Philip was almost falling asleep when, suddenly, he opened his eyes. They were burning in flames as they usually did whenever something supernatural was in the air. At the same time, at the accident spot, the two cops emerged from the fire. To everyone's surprise, they both were without a scratch. The two men stared at everyone, including the firefighters and the paramedics. Nobody could believe what they were witnessing. The cops seemed completely safe and sound. At the same time, they were gradually becoming transparent like shadows in the night, until they totally disappeared in the pitch dark.

Meanwhile, in the hotel room, Philip stood up from bed and went to the bathroom. He was looking for signs of spirits. He opened the door of his room and walked down the hall. Nothing. He went to the window and saw smoke rising to the sky, followed by a bonfire and a lot of action. His eyes then gradually returned to normal.

"What is going on? Something bad is about to happen, I can feel it. I need to be careful, and protect Alexia. I can't let her get hurt when around me, like Verena was.", Philip thought to himself.