Chapter 6 : Unexpected news...

Many years passed...

We are now in 202X. Asriel and Chara have become young adults now and moved into an arranged castle together. The love between them had only grown over the years. Asriel and Chara were now a couple accepted by the entire Underground. The two had even planned to get married, and the big day had just arrived...

In the largest hall of the palace, Monsters had gathered to attend the great event. It was the first marriage ever celebrated between a monster and a human. It had attracted everyone's attention. Dr. Gaster had even agreed to take the day off to attend, wearing an impeccable black suit that gave him great class. After all, he had kindly offered to bring the wedding rings to the bride and groom and wanted to look more presentable than in a lab coat.

Suddenly, the music began, and the bride and groom entered and danced their first dance in the Last Corridor, as was the tradition of the royal family. Chara and Asriel had trained for many days to perform this dance successfully, and it is said that it was an unforgettable moment for everyone. Asriel was the happiest of monsters and had eyes only for his bride-to-be Chara, who shone in a white dress decorated with lace and red hearts. As the bride and groom passed by, monster children threw golden flowers, Chara's favorite.

After reaching the throne room, Gaster brought the rings to them, and the bride and groom put the rings on their fingers, while the monsters applause and throwing petals. No one forgot this memorable day, which had gone down in the history of the kingdom. In memory of this event, the monsters erected a royal statue at the entrance of the CORE, representing Asriel on the day he found Chara, with the date of her arrival: 201X.

As they were presenting their vows to the bride and groom, Asriel and Chara were very surprised by the visit of Gerson, who until then had always been opposed against Chara remaining in the Underground ...

Gerson: Hello, Chara.

Asriel got angry because he remembered everything, and didn't want him to bother his wife.

Asriel: Gerson? What the hell are you doing here? If you're here to make fun of our union, leave!

Gerson: Take it easy, Prince Dreemurr. Obviously, that's not why I came here. I would just like to apologize to Princess Chara for not accepting her immediately as the other monsters did, and for doubting her kindness to our people. Don't worry, I won't bother you again. Take care of her, Prince Dreemurr, and... ...I wish you all the best, as they say. And when the day comes, when it is your turn to ascend the throne... I will gladly be at your service.

Chara: Oh... it's alright Mr.Gerson. Thank you for coming.

Chara and Asriel were delighted that in the end, the story had a happy ending for them and that from now on they could live happily together. The ceremony ended, and Asriel carried his dear Chara in his arms back to the palace... Asriel and Chara were madly in love with each other, and they hurried back to their room to spend their first night as husband and wife...

A few weeks passed since this event... soon, Asriel realized that his wife looked sick. She was having stomachaches, nausea, and was feeling better lying down... Chara didn't understand what was happening to her... was she pregnant...? No, it still wouldn't be possible that...

To be sure, Asriel decided to bring Dr. Gaster to the castle, and the diagnosis fell: Asriel has indeed got the princess pregnant with their child. This news shook everyone because no one thought that the two peoples could have children together...

Dr. Gaster: Well... our dear Chara is a miracle herself. Yes, she is indeed pregnant, Prince Asriel. I had no idea such a thing was possible... Anyway, I wish this child all the best in their future life.