Chapter Seventeen; Sweetly Complete

Start from the beginning

Complete.

That was a good thing, wasn’t it?

It could either be one of two things:

1.      He feels complete because the mysteries of me have been solved, the pieces of the puzzle complete.

2.      He feels complete because he knows how I feel. Because . . . he feels the same way, perhaps? (Okay, okay, perhaps this was slightly farfetched—but a girl can dream, right?)

And now, the truth shall be revealed.

“Complete,” I repeated thoughtfully, testing the word of my tongue, “and what does that mean, exactly?”

Jamie let out a long, deep breath. “It means . . . it means that somehow, I don’t even really know why or how, a piece of me has been discovered, a part of me filled, or whatever you want to say, however you want to word it. Because . . . because of this—this story. Discovering everything, the reasoning behind all of your crazy, random actions, and most importantly, why you came here in the first place. I . . . Farah, let’s just say, I feel a lot different to what I did when you first came here. I’m not good at this confessing stuff, I know—I’m a lad, I have an excuse. But . . . well, when I saw you downstairs, shivering and pink, I just thought ‘oh, that’s that Farah girl. She’s nice, pretty, sweet,’ and that was mostly it. I think I might have told you this before, but it’s putting a personality to a face, you know? Actually discovering the person beneath the mask. And I’m happy to have done that with you, Farah. More than happy, actually. Extremely  happy, I guess you could say.”

My heart melted, and my smile grew. “I . . . I . . .” I didn’t know what to say. How could you respond to something as perfect and elating as that?

Jamie held up a hand, “you don’t have to say anything, Farah. I’m not finished yet.” He sent me a soft, sincere smile. I was only too happy to oblige, leaning back into the loveseat and curling up my feet underneath me comfily.

Jamie continued, “I admire you, Farah—for your courage. I mean, delivering a Christmas present to me? That takes some serious guts. Yeah, it was anonymous, but you knew you could get caught, and yet you still took the risk, delivering the present. And then there was the snow, and you were stuck here, with my present, and with me. And yet still, you carried on as normal. You looked me in the eye, laughed, talked, spent time alone with me and even agreed to a confessions game, even when I announced the topic was about us. You kept your secret well, Farah, I have to say. A few slip ups here and there made me question your actions and what was going on with you sometimes, but you never kept your guard now for long. I understand now, why you didn’t say anything yesterday, when I say you were amazing. To be honest, I don’t think I could have even remained so calm and composed. By that time, given everything that had happened, I would have just snapped, completely lost it with everyone and everything. But you didn’t, Farah, you were strong. Convinced yourself you could make it through. And I admire you so much for it.”

 Wow.

To say that I was rendered speechless would be putting it lightly. My hand rose to my lips without thought, and I had to choke back a sob. Jamie admired me. Jamie freaking Bright, the lad that I have such a big crush on, admires me.

Oh, don’t mind me while I just go cry my eyes out with tears of joy in the corner.

Is this a dream?

Hm, probably.

I mean, I am talking to myself. In my head, too, which is weird than talking aloud to yourself. Although, I’m not sure how mentally talking to myself makes me believe this is a dream.