Chapter Twenty-Six

Shouout to my biggest supporters. I love y'all. I hope you enjoy this long awaited chapter.

Steve's POV

"Vanessa, what the f*** is this?" I screamed.

"It is what it is," she hissed. "Or would you like me to read it to you?" She looked at me with spite and I was shaking.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I couldn't believe my ears. Damn, I couldn't believe a thing.

Every fiber in me wanted to shake Vanessa and ask her exactly who she was. This wasn't my loving teacher and girlfriend. This wasn't the beautiful lady who just agreed to marry me a couple of hours ago. I was dumbfounded.

I stared blankly at the papers in my hands. My throat immediately went dry and my neck was itchy. My knees were beginning to fumble and my feet felt very heavy. My eyes were full of tears waiting for the trigger to explode.

Slowly I lifted up my head to look at Vanessa, gathering all the strength I could find, I muttered weakly, "You never really went for the meeting with the investors with the company in mind. You only went for yourself."

"That's not true. I went with the company in mind, but with a different chief director," she replied so confidently I loathed her.

"You're cruel Vanessa, you're very cruel," I sniffed, more bitter with myself for not being able to say more than that.

"I didn't mean to reveal it this way. But you pushed, asking me to get engaged with you all of a sudden," she stood up and moved closer to me, raising my chin up to look directly in my eyes. "You're too naive and innocent Steve. How couldn't you catch on that I was leading you on because of the company." she turned and continued. "I wanted the company, you were standing in the way. I had to be close to you so I would get things done my way. Now I don't need you anymore, I already have what I want." she sat back down and crossed her legs.

I felt irritated and used, "But you were supposed to be my teacher, my uncle trusted you."

"Let's say I was. But damn Steve, you can't even control a meeting." she hissed again.

Bitterly, I sniffed, "I should have listened to my cousins. In the end, you're just like your sister. Except you're worse, you're a fake."

I stomped out of the house slamming the door. I didn't wait for her reaction, not that needed it. As though the tears in my eyes had been waiting, as soon as I stepped out they rushed out, blocking my sight. I staggered and slumped like a drunk man. After a few seconds of struggle I entered into my car and cursed loudly.

I was sick, my head banged. I picked up my phone and called Eva. It kept ringing, but there was no response. My cousin was too annoyed with me and foolish me had made matters even worse. I didn't bother calling the Andrew and Liam. If Eva didn't answer my calls, they definitely wouldn't.

I brought the car to life and lodged into the closest hotel I could find. I was determined to fight back for my position once day broke. At least I won the competition fair and square, so I thought.

Once it was dawn on Tuesday morning, I cleaned up and scrambled off to the office. If the investors didn't support me at least the board of directors and employees would. Little did I know that I was all on my own.

I branched off at a cafe to get a cup of coffee. Wrong move. My heart began to hurt as soon as I stepped in and I lost every appetite I had for coffee. I retreated and headed back to the office.

The door wasn't even opened to me. I was treated like a stranger. No, worse than a stranger. The receptionist turned a blind eye to me, the workers just came in and out like they never knew me. I couldn't even call back to them because I didn't know their names. I thought I still had a lot of time to get familiar with them, but now all of that was blown up in my face. My own assistant passed by me and totally ignored me.