Broken Pieces.

Warning:

Extreme Feels.

Russia

We'd been walking for a long time before something caught Nebraska's attention. She creeped forward slowly, making quite literally no sound whatsoever.

"Stay here." She whispered. There was a part of me that wanted to stop her from going, like there was something dangerous. I quickly silenced that feeling with the thought that she could take care of herself. I watched as she disappeared behind a small hill. After a moment I heard her coughing. It lasted a lot longer than I would've liked.

"You stay here. I will go check on her." I walked over in Nebraska's direction. I saw her at bottom of the hill, looking up slightly and her hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes. I followed her gaze and saw what she was so distraught about.

It was a young woman, looking to be about the age Nebraska looks like. The woman had dark chocolate skin and black stringy hair. Her brown eyes were open in horror.

Nebraska began coughing again and she slumped down to the ground. I picked her up and came back to the others. What worried me is that she made no indication that she knew I was there.

"What's wrong with her?" England asked when I arrived back on the trail.

"There was a woman hanging from the trees. It must've been someone she knew." I looked down at her. She looked peaceful, like she was just sleeping. Her eyes slowly blinked open, when she realized where she was I quickly noted a flash of terror behind her eyes.

"R-Russia? What are we doing here?" Nebraska seemed a little too confused for my liking.

"You were panicking so I carried you from your spot back to the trail." I explained with a slight frown.

"What?" She seemed genuinely clueless.

"Nebraska what's the last thing you remember?" Canada asked suddenly.

"Habit's house.....going up the stairs....Poiple.....and uh..uh, I don't remember much else." She seemed to remember that she was in my arms, "Uh Russia can you put me down?"

"Oh yes sorry." I set her down, making sure she didn't fall.

"So, what do we do now?" Canada asked quietly. Habit shrugged and leaned against a tree.

"Heck do I know."

China.

They dragged us from the cell and into that room. Kiku was thrown down on the ground, where he struggled to get to his hands and knees. Ai and Ae kept their hold on me while Jae circled around us.

"What do you want, aru!?" I shouted at him.

"Just an experiment." He shrugged. Then he glanced down at Kiku with a sly smile, "Both of their shirts, take them off." Ai cocked his head to the side but did as he was told. As the cold air met my skin I couldn't help but shiver. Kiku couldn't stop shivering. Jae knelt by him and held him in a possessive way, nibbling at his ear and touching all over his chest. Kiku whimpered and tried to pull away.

"Leave him alone, aru!" I tried to get out of the grip that they had on me but it was too strong. Jae pressed his lips onto Kiku's, glancing at me with a smug look. Kiku's eyes widened and his struggles increased. Jae pulled away still holding onto Kiku, who went limp with his eyes squeezed shut, "Did you just bring me here so I could just watch you touch him?!" I growled.

"No." Jae finally let go of Kiku and came over to me, "Turn him around." I suddenly had my back to them. I felt Jae trace his hand down my back.

"What are you doing, aru!?" I tried to get out of their grip again but again it was fruitless.

"I'm surprised you don't hold any grudge towards him from that scar." He muttered. I immediately tensed up and turned my head so was glaring at him.

"Don't you even DARE, aru." I knew what he was planning to do and I couldn't even think about the pain that it would cause Kiku. He couldn't even really move anymore. Jae just grinned at me and walked back over to Kiku, propping him up on his knees. Then he took his katana from his belt. Ai released his grip on me and moved to hold up Kiku, "No! Stop don't!" I shouted. In a blinding flash Jae raised the katana and sliced it across Kiku's back.

Kiku's eyes widened as he screamed. Then he pushed Ai away and tried his best to curl up into a ball. Ae let go of me and I was instantly at his side, holding him close. The painful blade left him in tears but he was far too weak to sob in pain. He loosely held onto me as he cried.

"Take them back to their cell, Ai." Jae commanded. My grip on Kiku tightened slightly as I was yanked up to my feet. We were dragged back down the hallway and shoved back into the cell. Our shirts were thrown back at us. I quickly shrugged on my shirt and then put Kiku's on him. He just lay in my arms, too weak to move. Tears streamed from his eyes with no sign of stopping. Germany put his hand on my shoulder as he came up behind us.

"Kiku..." I whispered. He started coughing up blood. Too much blood. His entire body began to shake uncontrollably, pain laced his features as he continued to cough it up. The shaking all of a sudden stopped and his eyes widened.

"G-gomenas-sai...nii-s-san.." He smiled slightly before his eyes slowly began to close and he went limp in my arms. I looked down at him in horror....no...no he...he can't...he can't be gone!

"Kiku....? Kiku, wake up! Wake up please!" I lightly shook him, maybe he had just passed out...? But he didn't even react, "Kiku! Kiku please! Don't leave me!"

"China, what is it? What's wrong?" Germany knelt by me and peered over at Kiku.

"Kiku..he's...gone.." I held Kiku's head so our foreheads were touching. I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to wake up from this dream. I wanted him to be safe, not in pain every moment of his life. But no amount of wishing would bring him back. I didn't want him to be in that cursed state of the trance, but he was, "He's gone, aru."

"You mean he's......" Germany's eyes widened and he covered his mouth. I nodded, still cradling Kiku in my arms. His hands were already stone cold and it was only a matter of time until he would basically BE a stone.

"It's not fair." America's voice caught me off guard for a second.

"What is?" Germany stroked Kiku's hair back like Nebraska and America did before.

"That he should be the one to suffer, the one who gets hurt." America slammed his fists down on the bed, "It's not fair! He didn't do anything to deserve this no one-" Suddenly in the middle of a sentence he started shaking and then fell back against the bed. Germany ran over and felt his forehead.

"Oh no this is not good." He muttered to himself.

"What? What's wrong with him!?" Kansas asked quietly.

"I'm not sure but if we don't get his temperature down soon he may enter the trace himself." Germany suddenly ran over to the bars and shook them, "HEY! ONE OF YOU GET DOWN HERE NOW!" To my disappointment Jae was the one who came down. I tightened my grip on Kiku, determined not to let them take him from me. Jae's gaze lingered on him for longer than I would've liked. While Germany argued with him over getting medical supplies to treat America's sudden fever I held Kiku's head to my chest. He may not wake up anytime soon but as long as I could I was going to keep him safe. I wasn't going to let them take him from me as long as I was still up and around.

There was no way I was leaving him now.

AUGH ALL THE FEELS!!!