Covered By Roses

So updates may get slower because in the next two weeks I'm doing theatre things. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Japan

The first thing to come to my mine as I came back into consiousness was the burning sensation on my back. My eyes slowly opened and I tilted my head slightly.

"Hey, Japan are you...okay?" America's voice brought me back into the cell. I tried to sit up but then the pain suddenly increased and I had to lay back down.

"I.....I think...so.." I said softly.

"You really had us worried there." I blinked at looked over at Texas.

"H-how did you...get here?" I asked. Italy popped up next to America and looked down at me worriedly.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I couldn't help but notice the dark red on his left shoulder. I reached up and touched it lightly.

"What....w-what happened to you?"

"Oh. It's nothing." He smiled at me, but I could tell it was forced.

"How...how is...Nat...Natalie?"

"Doing good from what I could see." Italy laid his head down on the bed I was on and almost instantly fell asleep. France came from behind America and looked down on me.

"How do you feel?" He asked. I winced before answering.

"I...don't know." My eyelids suddenly felt heavy and they began to droop. America put his hand on my forehead. His hand felt cool, I liked it.

"You feel warm," He frowned.

"I feel....w-watashi wa... shinu tsumorida?" I began to cough violently as the door opened. I tried to curl in on myself but the second I moved a searing pain flashed through my mind. I gasped for breath as it was wrenched from my lungs. My vision turned into a red haze, with black quickly creeping up at the edges. I gave one more gasp before everything went dark.

America.

Japan started coughing when the door opened. Italy's head jerked up and around to the doorway, where a person was being shoved in. (With great difficulty I might add.) His face lit up and he tackled them down before they could figure out what was going on.

"Germany!" He cried. My attention was turned back to Japan, who with one last gasp, had gone completley limp. His breathing was still not right and it worried me. Italy dragged Germany over to where we were. Now I'm pretty sure it was just me, but I thought his eyes widened a little bit.

"Hey." I lay my head against the bed and began stroking Japan's hair back.

"America? Are you alright has she hurt you?" Germany took my shoulders in his hands. I looked up at him with a surprised expression.

"I-I don't think so......why?"

"We found a laptop. On it there was a file, and we saw...Em...torturing..him." He looked down at Japan.

"How?" I'm sure my eyes were wide. I wanted to know what Em had done to my best friend.

"She hit him with a whip over and over again." Germany closed his eyes like he was trying to forget. I couldn't imagine having to watch that.

"Who saw it?" I asked warily, "Who was with you?"

"Romano, Russia, Oklahoma, and...Canada."

"Matt saw it?" It felt like I had been punched in the gut to know that Matt had been forced to watch something as horrible as that. I leaned against the bed and held my hand on my forehead, "Did you see Natalie at all?"

"Well Russia had managed to get a code from her before we were attacked and we used the computer to access a camera in her glasses." Germany tapped the side of his head where the glasses would be, "Before we could do anything Ai and Ae attacked. One thing led to another and...well I guess you can see where I ended up." He hugged Italy tightly. I nodded lazily, my eyelids suddenly feeling very heavy.

"Hey, America, do you feel alright? You look sick." France reached forward to feel my forehead, but I swatted his hand away.

"I don't get sick, what are you talking about? I'm...just...tired." I lay my head next to Japan's, and then drifted to sleep.

Sorry if this is short but I have to do theatre things. The next chapters will be shorter.

Peace, Love, and NO THANK YOU,

Soph.