❖vikk II❖

I woke up, the only thing on my mind being last night and the soup I ate. Disgusting. I felt bloated, heavy- fat. My mind was screaming at me for eating, for consuming any calories at all, and I ended up standing in front of the mirror squeezing and pinching at my fat, trying to hide it with oversized hoodies and slumped shoulder.

Walking downstairs the first thing I saw was my entire family, eating breakfast and chatting amongst themselves.

"You gonna eat today?" My brother taunted, causing my mother to slap the back of his neck. "Hey! What was that for!?"

"You know you don't do that!" She hissed at my brother angrily, gesturing for me to sit down. She then addressed me. "It's your choice Vikram. Would you like to join us?" She stated.

"No. Maybe later." I scratched my neck.

I headed back upstairs and played around on my phone for a while. When I finally looked back up at the clock an entire hour had passed already and I knew I should get a move on if I wanted to do anything that day. Right as I was standing up, my vision going fuzzy for just a moment, my mother burst open the door, yelling.

"Vikram! Why is there vomit in the toilet!" She yelled, throwing her arms up.

"It wasn't me!" I argued back. But I thought back to last night again and mentally yelled at myself for not flushing, but I was too out of it to even realise what was going on.

"Stop lying! I know you're lying! Vikk, you need to see a therapist again." She said, frown getting bigger and bigger. "We all care for you."

"What's a therapist going to do!" I yelled back. "Is he going to sit me down and make me talk about my problems?! You're insane. Hell no."

"Vikram please! I don't like seeing you like this! I love you so much!" She started almost bawling her eyes out. A few moments passed before she was able to gather herself and speak again. "Instead of talking to a therapist, how about you talk to people with similar... issues." She suggested delicately.

I waited a couple of seconds to ponder the possibility.

"I'll think about it." I stated blankly.

My mother looked at me and smiled. "Thank you Vikk, we all love you." She walked to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

She left, and I thought about it for a while. Huh. Maybe this could help me.