"You have an interesting friendship with Nicholas." I murmured. The mention of friendship made my mind flash to Helda and Yanneek, and I felt my insides clench. Hannes grunted, and I jerked in surprise when I saw a flash of red and brown fly past me.

Athena. She was wide awake, and looking relieved.

"Thank goodness he left. He can be a bit of a chatterbox and I feared he would talk forever with me if I showed that I was awake." Athena straightened the creases in her baggy black pants and planted her hands on her hips. "Right. Now I will be going to my house. Goodnight, both of you."

"Get home safely." I told her. Athena smiled at me, pressed a kiss onto Hannes' cheek and left, throwing a fluffy, light pink, shawl around her shoulders as she walked out of the door.

I listened to it click shut and glanced at Hannes, who had returned to the living room, attention back on the papers he'd been writing on. I lingered outside of the room before deciding that I'd head to bed early.

I walked into Hannes' bedroom, eyes moving up and down the half-opened closet that I had carefully placed my folded clothes inside of earlier today. There was plenty of room inside of it, and I'd been surprised throughout me putting up the clothes, for most of them could easily fit me, with the exception of a few sweatshirts.

I laid in Hannes' bed, but sleep didn't come immediately. The terse and tense conversation between Yanneek, Helda and myself played in my mind repeatedly, and I couldn't deny the twinge of hurt and confusion I'd felt after they rejected me attempting to explain why the warriors' presence was needed.

However, it seemed as if there was something else that was bothering them, although it had appeared that Yaneek disliked the notion of Jeremiah or Willow being in his home.

I felt the bed dipping and my eyes closed shut when I felt Hannes join me an hour later, his arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me back to rest against his chest. His hand moved momentarily to pull the sheets to cover us both, and I remained silent, listening to his shallow breaths, until he spoke, breaking the state of quietude that had fallen over the room for a few minutes.

"Willow has expressed her desire to start retraining with you again." Hannes told me, and I nodded, opening my eyes to stare blankly ahead towards a closed window, and the dark red curtains that barely covered it. Hannes' voice brought my attention back to him. "How soon would you like to start training once more?"

I was silent for a short moment, contemplating, but decided, "Tomorrow."

Hannes' arm around me stiffened. There was silence for a second. "Tomorrow?" He echoed, clearly surprised. I inhaled, his scent washing over me as I did so, and I nodded.

"Yes. Tomorrow. I feel like I'd be ready for it," I inhaled again, and paused, grimacing. "But I will tell Willow to go easy on me."

"She shall."

I tilted my head to the side, in an attempt to look at Hannes as I noticed the firmness in his voice, but darkness greeted me, which was quickly followed by the slow pressing of lips against mine. I laughed against his lips when I eventually pulled away; Hannes was clearly very eager to not miss the chances of doing that.

**************