Chapter 64

You guys are gonna hate me:)

Charlotte's POV:

My eyes open to the sound of my phone buzzing by my ear. As they do, I realize that I'm not in my bed. I'm still on the dock.

I immediately sit up when I realize that it's night. I have no clue what time it is so I grab my phone to check. That's when I see the phone call and text that woke me up. Both are from Sam.

I open my phone to read the message and my heart nearly stops when I do.

"You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible"

I don't take a second to think about it. I just run. I don't bother grabbing anything that I left lying there. It can wait.

The trek through the woods, which usually at least takes fifteen minutes for me, takes me just a couple minutes this time. Before I know it, I'm in my car, slamming the gas pedal down as far as I can.

Right now, getting pulled over is the least of my worries. I know I'm going at least forty over the speed limit, but If like to think that I have a good reason.

After too long, I pull up to the front of the hospital. I ditch my car right in front and dash through the front doors.

I know that the elevators are way too slow, so I don't even bother. Stairs are much quicker. So, I run as fast as my legs can carry me up the stairs. I'm trying my best not to think of what's going on, mostly because it's either really good or really bad. But with my luck, it's bad.

I fly through the door to the staircase and into the main area of the floor. I immediately see doctors rushing in and out of rooms. My breath gets caught in my throat when I see that it's mainly the area where Jack's room is.

"Charlotte!" I hear someone call. I jerk my head around to see Sammy running towards me.

I run right into his arms which were welcoming to me. I don't even know what's going on yet, but I just need someone to comfort me.

The comforting doesn't last long. I pull back from Sam and grab his arms, looking him right in the eyes. "Sam, what the fuck is going on?" I say loud enough that it's closer to yelling.

His eyes immediately fill with regret and it scares me. I even think I see tears just starting to gloss his eyes. He opens his mouth, moving it a little as he tries to find what to say. But nothing comes out.

I turn away from him, way too determined to deal with anything other than Jack. I run down the hallway towards the room. I start to hear someone screaming and yelling at somebody else.. At first, I can't tell if it's a doctor or not, but it takes just a second for me to recognize that voice. It's Johnson.

Pushing everyone in the hall to te side, I rush to get there. Even though it's just around the corner of the hall, I'm pretty sure it's taking years to get there. That's what it feels like at least.

Finally, I find it. When I do, I run in, not letting any doctor or nurse get in my way.

Johnson doesn't see me. But I see him as clear as daylight. And what I see scares me. The boy who has always been known as the calm, cool, collected one has turned into something unrecognizable.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE! DO SOMETHING." He hells to the main doctor who has been taking care of Jack this whole time.

"Mr. Johnson, please calm down. We're trying our best." The doctor says calmly, though you can hear the slightest bit of panic in his voice.

"WELL TRY HARDER!" Johnson yells again. Seeing him like this has to be the scariest thing I've seen in awhile.

"We are doing all we can."