Chapter 44

Jack's POV:

I lean on the door of my car on my phone as I wait for Charlotte in the parking lot after school. As I'm scrolling through Instagram, Sam walks up to me. "Hey." He says, coming up next to me.

"Hey." I say, not taking my eyes off of my phone.

"Did you know that Charlotte has second period with Tony?" He asks out of the blue. I turn off my phone when he says this.

"She does?"

Sam nods. "I saw her walk out of her class earlier and Tony wasn't too far behind her."

I know that this shouldn't be that big of a deal for me. I mean, she only has a class with. It's not like she's been sneaking around behind my back with him. But, Tony is still a threat to Charlotte, so it scares me to think that they have a class together. And, Charlotte told me she didn't even know Tony before that whole hallway incident. She said she didn't have any classes with him. Why did she lie to me?

I don't respond to Sam. I just stare off into the distance, thinking. "Well, I gotta go, but I just thought you should know." Sam says as he turns toward his car. "See ya later, Jack."

I still don't say anything. I don't know whether to be worried or mad. I don't want to be mad at Charlotte, but I can't help it. She lied to me when she knew how worried I was about her and Tony. I didn't think Charlotte would ever tell a lie, especially not to me. But I guess I was wrong.

Just then, I see Charlotte walking towards me. I don't want to confront her about this just yet. I need to think it over first.

I put on a fake smile as Charlotte approaches me. "Hey." She says, kissing me on the cheek. Her smile is as bright as always.

"Hey," I say, opening her door for her. I go around to the other side and get in. "So how was your day?" I ask.

"It got a lot better once you got here." It doesn't matter how angry I am, I can't help but smile when she says things like this. "But it was school, so it still sucked."

I laugh a little, forgetting about the whole Tony problem. "Yeah, same. The highlight of my day was Matt and Carter's trip to the principal's office."

A few minutes later, we arrive at Charlotte's house. I open my door and rush around to the other side to do the same for her. "I never get tired of you doing that." She says, still smiling.

"I never get tired of doing it." I say, slinging my arm around her shoulder and kissing her in the cheek.

We walk inside and go right to the kitchen. We've adjusted to this routine after school. We go to Charlotte's house (sometimes accompanied by some of the guys, sometimes not), go to the kitchen for something to eat, and watch tv for a little bit. While we watch tv, we usually decide what to do afterwards or I just end up going home. It's often times the first choice.

We sit down on the couch and turn on the tv. "You know," Charlotte begins, "my brothers coming home this weekend."

"Really?" I ask. I forgot that he would be done with finals soon.

"Yeah, and he said he wants to meet you."

"Wait," I say, turning to face Charlotte. "Your brother isn't one of those overprotective brothers who's going to like interview me and judge everything I do, is he?" The last thing I need is a brother who doesn't like me.

"He's not that bad. But then again, I've never had a boyfriend before, so he could be a lot worse than I think." She say, getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"So what you're saying is that he could be a complete freak with me?" I say following Charlotte to the kitchen.

"Yep." She says getting herself a cup of water. She walks back over to me. "But you are coming to dinner on Saturday to meet him. Do you understand?"

"Okay mom." I say. She laughs a little and leads me back to the couch.

"So what do you want to do?" Charlotte asks, as she sits in my lap.

"I don't know. Do you wanna invite the guys over?"

"Sure."

I pull out my phone and text all the guys. They all reply within a few minutes and a minute later, Johnson and Sam walk through the door.

"Well that was fast." Charlotte says.

"Well we live down the street." Johnson says, sitting next to us on the couch along with Sam.

Johnson takes the remote from Charlotte and changes the channel. "Sure, you can change it." Charlotte says sarcastically.

A few minutes later, Nash, Cam, Hayes, and Taylor come barging through the door, being loud like they always are. Taylor runs over to us and hops on the couch right in between Charlotte and I.

Within the next ten minutes, everyone else arrives. "So, what are we gonna do?" Mahogany asks.

"Laser tag?" Aaron suggests.

"Sounds good to me." I say.

"Alright, let's go." Shawn says.

I get up and grab my keys from the kitchen counter. We all walk out the front door and into the driveway. We have to take three cars because there are so many of us.

In my car: Me, Charlotte, Johnson and Sam.

In Nash's car: Nash, Cameron, Hayes, Taylor, and Aaron

In Carter's car: Carter, Mahogany, Shawn, and Matt

After driving for a while, we arrive at the laser tag place. Once we park, everyone runs inside screaming.

This should be fun.

--------------

A/n:

So you guys got lucky and got two updates in one twelve hours

You're welcome;)

Anyways I probably won't update again until next weekend, but I might even update twice if I have time

So please just be patient