Chapter 73

Charlotte's POV:

We waste no time in getting back on the road the next morning. I go around to each of the boys room to wake them up. I planned out the day so that we can leave at 8 a.m. and get there at around 5. It's right about now that I'm starting to think that going from Omaha to North Carolina with these guys probably wasn't the best idea.

After an hour of trying to get everybody up, were packed up and in the cars on time. The majority of the ride is pretty uneventful. I think that we're all so tired of driving that anything we could do to pass time is just boring.

Jack and I take turns driving, but all I really want to do right now is sleep. I barely slept last night. After my little adventure to the roof and that talk with Jack, I only got to sleep for a little while before I started having dreams.

It sounds stupid, but I've never had dreams link this before. They were so vivid that when I woke up, I couldn't tell if it had ended or not. And the plot in each one was so similar. Each time, it started in a memory of me and Jack. These were some of the best memories that I can remember having with him, which only made what came after even worse. Everything would seem completely normal until someone who wasn't there would come in, someone that I'm close to. They would tell me things about Jack that seemed as though they were trying to keep me from loving him. I remember denying it each time, but when I would look at Jack, he would be different. His eyes had gone completely blank and bruises and scratches would appear on his face. His face was one of anger and pain, something that breaks my heart to see. Then, he would start yelling. The things he said were aimed at me, meant to attack me. Each dream was something different. Sometimes he was trying to make me feel like I was worthless, others he was telling me how I had only made his life worse. His face would slowly morph into something else, like a monster. His brown eyes would go black and his teeth would become sharp fangs. He would keep getting closer and closer to me as I backed away, spitting words of hatred in my face. I would start to panic out of fear and try calling out for help. That's when I would see the person standing there, staring at us in disappointment, shaking their head. It was at that point that I would usually wake up. I didn't scream. I didn't cry. I wasn't sweating. I would just burst awake with a fast heart beat pounding in my chest.

The one that stood out the most was by far the scariest one. It was me and Jack sitting