Chapter 34

Charlotte's POV:

"Charlotte? What are you doing here?" Johnson asks as he approaches me. I guess I can call him Jack for once since my Jack's not going to be around me anymore.

"I thought you were already at Matt's?" I say.

"I left my phone at my house so I was going back to get it." He says. "What are you doing here? Jack called me like five times asking if I knew where you were. You really scared him. And me."

I don't really want to tell Jack what happened. I trust him more than the rest of the guys, but I just don't want to talk about it.

"It's nothing." I say, hoping he'll drop it.

"Charlotte, I'm not an idiot. I know that something's wrong."

"I just don't want to talk about it right now, okay?"

He sighs. "Fine, but I'm calling Jack to let him know where you are."

"Jack, please don't tell him where I am. I really don't want him to know." I say with sorrowful eyes.

Jack stares at me with a confused expression. But, he eventually gives in. "Fine, but I need to tell him your okay."

"Then, just tell him that I called you to let you know I'm alright." I say. I know that if Jack knows I'm with Johnson, then he's going to get Johnson to confess.

"Fine." He says taking out his phone. He puts it up to his ear and I wait for Jack to answer.

"Hello?" Jack says. For some reason my nerves are really tense right now. "Jack, calm down. Can you listen to me for two seconds and stop asking questions? Listen, Charlotte called me to let me know she's alright. No, I don't know where she is. I don't know Jack. All that I know is that she's alright and doesn't want you to worry. Okay. Bye."

Jack hangs up and looks at me. "Well he's really confused as to why you left in the first place, and I am to."

I know that I can't hide this from Jack. He's always there for me and he deserves to know what happened.

I take a deep breath. As I'm about to start talking, my eyes fill with tears and I burst out sobbing. Jack, being the calm person he is, just wraps his arms around me, trying to calm me down. "Shh, Charlotte, it's okay, calm down." He whispers. After a minute I relax enough to speak.

I pull away from Jack and look him in the eyes. I take another deep breath, hoping this time it will help.

"Me and Jack were drving to Matt's house when Matt texted him asking us to pick up some soda. So, Jack went into Sheetz while I stayed in the car. Then, Jack got a text from Leah."

"From Leah?"

"Yeah. It said that I 'didn't have to know'."

"Know about what?"

"I'm guessing that they hooked up behind my back."

"You think Jack cheated on you?"

"Well, at first I was hoping that there was another explanation. But, then Leah texted him again. This time she said that he should break up with me already because he's going to have to sooner or later. That made me realize that he really is cheating on me."

"So you just left?"

"Well, my body acted before my mind did so... Yeah, I kind of just ran out of the car and ended up here."

"Wow... I didn't think he would actually cheat on you."

"Neither did I." I say as tears start to form in my eyes.

"I thought he didn't even like Leah."

"Neither did I." I repeat. There is now a steady stream of tears streaming down my face. Jack seems to notice because his arms find their way around me again.

"He lied to me," I sob into Jack's chest. "It was all just an act and I fell for it."

"Shhh, it's okay Charlotte." Jack says trying to soothe my nerves.

"No it's not." I say as I pull away from Jack. "It's not okay. Jack was my first relationship. He told me he loved me, but he was playing me the while time. I can't believe I thought someone like Jack would actually like me."

"Charlotte, any guy would be lucky to have you. Jack screwed up big time. He doesn't know how lucky he was to have someone as amazing as you." Jack says.

This makes me smile. He always knows the right thing to say. "Thanks Jack." I say pulling him in for a hug.

I just wish I could believe him.