1 0 | house visit

"Roses do not bloom hurriedly;
For beauty, like any masterpiece,
Takes time to blossom."
-Matshona Dhliwayo

"We are here Ms Pavlova

"We are here Ms Pavlova." Igor called out.

Turning to the side, I looked outside of the car window and noticed that we were parked in front of a small house. At least a 2- bedroom apartment from the looks of things.

The whole area was deserted. The glasses from the streetlights were shattered and scattered on the dirty pavements filled with dead leaves.

The patio was full of overgrown weeds and bushes, blocking the windows in front. The lights were still beaming through, streaking against the night sky, meaning that the family were probably awake.

"I'll be back in a bit, Igor." I announced as I opened the door and stepped out, taking the lavender rose with me.

I don't normally do house visits. I wouldn't jeopardize my identity to be uncovered like this.

But from the background information, this family sure has it tough.

Married to a rich businessman, his own family doesn't even get to see the benefits; instead they're stuck in a deprived house with limited resources, ruled over a selfish man who keeps them as pets.

I've got nothing to lose anyways. All eyes would be on me once I'm a stripper, I wouldn't be able to afford the luxury of wasting time targeting people.

Since starting my adventures of Reaper, my body count stands at 164, plus 1 for todays piggy. It was an activity i indulged in weekly for the past 3 years and I've never been caught.

With more free time on my hands, I guess I should be taking the title more seriously and turn it into a full-time gig. But despite already getting a lot of clout, the name Reaper still hasn't reached the Mob. As I've not done anything to jeopardize the Mob, it's not of any importance to the Pakhan. And I need it to stay that way.

So I guess the title has to be on hiatus until I properly get situated into my new title as a struggling stripper.

The closer I walked towards the house, the louder the screams rupturing out of what seems of a baby, grew.

The rustling of trees danced along with the wind as I carried myself up the filthy stairs.

I knocked several times against the door and waited patiently.

"Just a minute!" A disembodied voice alerted.

Moments later, the door creaked open, revealing a little girl.

Her big green eyes looked up at me yonderly. But they held no emotion; hardened by the hardship of survival, her darkened eyes glossed with austerity.

She wore ragged clothes; a loose, patchy dress cascading all the way down from her petite frame to her bare feet.