Nonetheless, she was determined to make it big.

"Asshole!" Nicole yelled out once again, at the cyclist that nearly ran over Mia and her.

"Nic!" Mia said her name in a scolding tone.

Nicole turned to look at Mia, a bewildered expression on her face, as to why she was being scolded.

"What?" She then shrugged.

Mia gave her a deadpan look. "We're in public," she pointed out, her eyes wandering over to the crowd around them, who had definitely heard her string of curse words.

That was the issue, walking about during rush hour in a busy city. Everyone was around you, and your private conversation, wasn't yours or private.

However, Nicole yelling out curse words wasn't going to be a private conversation anyway.

Usually, Sebastian would send a town car for Mia to get to work. He didn't want her using public transport, no matter how many times she'd told his rich-people brain, that she was fine with it.

Unfortunately, this morning there was some kind of trouble with their car. Since they weren't too far, Mia decided it was an okay distance to walk, and Nicole, who Mia had offered to drop along the way, walked with her.

Nicole scoffed in return at Mia's words. "It was a green light to walk, and yet he carried on with his attempt to run us over," she replied.

They were stood at a crossing, waiting for the light to turn green for them to walk. Only, for a cyclist to decide he wanted to take advantage of that green light too, and carried on with his travels.

"Let's go, because you're going to cause trouble," Mia chuckled, tugging on Nicole's arm and looping her own within it.

In her other hand, Nicole was carrying a few dresses for a photoshoot.

She then looked at Mia with a cheeky grin.

"Me? Cause trouble? I would never," she said, shaking her head.

When Mia rolled her eyes and sighed, Nicole nudged her shoulder sightly.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic," Nicole said. "Why are you so on edge anyway? You act like it's your first day of work."

"I just submitted this marketing report last night, and I'm just a little nervous if I made any mistakes," Mia told Nicole.

Mia had finally found herself in a job role that she loved, and was truly happy in it.

There were some aspects that made her nervous, and she was anxious to do well. However, she had Sebastian not too far from her, whenever things felt overwhelming and she needed someone to talk to.

The two had walked right towards the Carter building. Since the photoshoot Nicole was supposed to be at, wasn't too far, she walked Mia to her office first.

Nicole stood opposite Mia, and used her free hand to clutch her shoulder.

"Just remember, you got this and you're a bad bitch," Nicole told her sternly.

Mia smiled at her words. "Thanks, Nic." She said, glancing at her watch quickly, and then looked back at Nicole. "You're going to be home for dinner, right?"

"Yup," Nicole grinned.

Mia pulled Nicole in for a hug. "Alright, see you at home. Good luck for the photoshoot," she wished her.

"Bye, babe." Nicole the waved at Mia, as she stepped into the lobby of the building and Nicole then began to make her way to the photoshoot.

***