Chapter: 24

I know I said I was going to post the last chapter Tuesday, but decided why not give it to you all now. Enjoy :) Rights to Cassandra Clare

Sebastian laughed. “Oh please, you are weak and bloody. How the hell did you even get out of the closet? I put a seal rune and a silent rune on it.”

“Lucky for me, there was a hidden door behind it. There is something you might want to see Clary.”

Sebastian rolled his eyes. “Too late, she has already swore herself to me and if you mind, we were about to kiss.”

Too bad for him that I crossed my fingers in my pocket.

After the words left his mouth, a bunch of things happened. Simon burst through the door and yelled, “Jace get Clary!” Jace grabbed my arm and ran quickly to the point I stumbled but he caught me. I heard swords clashing all around me and looked up to see shadowhunters fighting. Everywhere.

“Clary catch!” I looked up in time to be catching a box. When it landed in my hands I recognized the demon runes. It was Sebastian’s heart.

 I quickly kneeled to the floor and drew my sword out from my belt, because I put it back in when I was about to kiss Sebastian. I looked up to be surrounded by my family and friends. My mom, Luke, Alec, Magnus, Isabelle, Simon and Jace formed a circle around me, keeping me safe from the demons who wanted to get their hands on me and the box.

I was raising my sword and remembered Sebastian had to be stabbed at the same time I stabbed the heart. I looked up frantic to Jace. Whatever plan I had in the other room was long out the window now.

“Jace!” he stabbed another demon and pushed it to the front. Soon the demons were going to be too much for this circle.

“What?” he asked getting ready to stab another demon coming for us.

“Sebastian has to be stabbed at the same time!”

Jace didn’t answer, he just moved a bit to the side so there was a small gap I could see. I saw that Jonathan was holding Sebastian.

Jonathan looked at me. He saw that I had the box. “On my count Clary!” he yelled.

“1!”

He was struggling with Sebastian, keeping the sword to his chest.

“2!”

Sebastian’s eyes widened, realizing he had no weapons.

I opened the box. I tried not to throw up at the odd looking heart.

I raised my sword.                

“3!”