Chapter: 18

Thank you for 6K! Love you all! (this fandom is the best)

all rights to cassandra clare

Jace’s POV

I swear to God, all angels and all holiness in me I am going to fricken murder Sebastian with my fork.

Especially for interrupting dessert time. 

We all got up immediately, but Sebastian said, “Don’t move or this one dies.” Two men in dark jackets moved and had a woman, unconscious and blood trickling down her nose in their arms.

“Consul,” Maryse gasped. Jia Penhallow.

Well shit. c

We heard footsteps outside, most likely the Clave.

“Everyone sit down,” Sebastian said kicking the door close, “and we will have a nice chat.”

Everyone sat down cautiously, but Clary and I stood.

Sebastian looked at us with a smile I wish I could cut up an-

“I said sit. Do you have any manners?”

“Considering you busted down our door like a ninja I would say the same to you.” I said.

Clary gave me a look, half shut-up and half that-was-a-good-one.

Clary’s POV

Sebastian started to walk towards us. “Jace Herondale, always the…jokester?”

“Sebastian whatever the hell your last name is, the door buster.” Jace said. I snorted. Even in the most crazy and fearful times, he can be a smart ass.

I gasped when I felt a hand around my neck and was thrown then slammed into the wall. My vision went blurry as I fell to the ground on my side. My head just fricken healed…

“Clary!” Jace said. I started to get my vision back and saw everyone fighting the men in dark jackets. Now there were 4 and Jia was lying on the floor, still unconscious. Jace was fighting Sebastian.

This I useless. We don’t have Sebastian’s heart to kill him.

“You will never win little sis”

I was trying to sit p when I felt something underneath my hand.

Please be a steele please be a-

A fork. Are you kidding me.

Jace was struggling against Sebastian. So was everyone else against the mn in dark jackets, even Magnus.

Wait when did he get here? Before I knew what I was doing I hrew the fork at Sebastian and it landed straight in his eye.

The literal term of bulls-eye

He groaned with pain and backed away from Jace. He looked at me.

“You stupid bitch.”

He pulled the fork out and I had to look away.

“I’m done playing these taunting games with you and your pathetic shadowhunter friends. Next time, it won’t be a game.” He said moving towards me.

I stood up.

He grabbed my chin in his hands, harshly, and said, “Next time will be game over. I will have you Clarissa. Whether you like it or not.” He moved to whisper in my ear, “you’ll never find my lifeline.”

I spit in his face, I had my eyes closed.

He started walking away, chuckling, then said. “Oh and Clarissa,” and span around so quick slapping me straight on the face. The impact made me move back. “until next time.” And disappeared.

Jace’s POV

The sound the slap made on Clary’s face made me want to rip my eyes out. Good thing she already stabbed the bastard in the eye. With a fork.

I ran up to her. I examined her face while keeping an arm around her waist. It was already red and she had a tear in her eye.

“Are you okay? Do you need bandages? Or should we go to that mundane hospital down the stre-“

“Jace I’m fine. I was bitch slapped, not gang beaten.”

I put my chin on her forehead. I can’t keep going through this, the feeling that I’m about to lose her, to Sebastian…

“I’m going to kill him.”

“Jace.”

“No I’m serious. I’m going to fuc-“

“Guys, I think we could use a bit of help?” Jonathan said. Everyone was surrounded by Jia.

I looked at Clary. Those green eyes I can’t help but get lost into.

“he said this was the last time. Next time, Jace, he is going to b-“

“I know I know. But we wil be ready. Okay?”

She nods and we walk, getting ready to face what the next few hours or days may bring us.