Chapter: 23

All rights to Cassandra Clare

Clary's POV

I looked around the room and didn't see Jonathan. Was it Sebastian's blood or Jonathan's blood on Sebastian? Telling by how bright red like cherries it looked, it was my brother's.

"Where is he?" I asked, more like demanding.

"Who?" Sebastian was smiling like a child who just got free ice cream.

"Jonathan."

"Right behind you."

I looked behind me but it was Jace. "Not that Jonathan, my brother. You know what I mean, Sebastian."

He grinned even more. "Oh, he is just taking a break I'd like to say."

I pulled my sword out. "Sebastian, it's really time to end this. All this fighting and war and games. I'm done with it. I was done with it when you first came and now I'm done with it here."

"Where the bastard resurrected yeah I'm done with it too..." Jace muttered behind me.

Sebastian's pale, blood at the corner lips pressed into a thin line. If looks could kill, Jace would be 6 feet under with fire coming out of his butt. "Clarissa, I only need you. I'm trying to protect you. Everyone dies, mortals, shadowhunters and even warlocks at times. I'm trying to keep you safe from the hurt in this world, and rule it with me. We aren't even related anymore," he stepped towards me and I raised my sword more. "You and I, we could rule the world. You'd be Queen and could liv forever. Servants and demons, bowing to you. Getting everything you want and not have a care in the world, except for kissing me..." He ended with a grin.

Jace made a gagging face with his finger.

A thought popped in my head. A good one.

"Okay Sebastian." I said.

"Okay what?" He asked. His face expression didn't even change.

"Okay, that I will go with you, but you have to call off the demons. I won't go with you and be queen if you let my friends and family die. Yes I know they will die someday, but I can't just leave them like that."

"How do I know you aren't playing me?"

"I'll swear by the Angel." He took this into consideration.

"Okay. Do it."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I sw-"

"No. keep your eyes open. I want you to look at me." He said.

"Clary, you do't have to do this..." Jace said. I looked behind me and tried my hardest to communicate with him through my eyes, I have plan Jace, I promise I have a plan, and turned my head around to look at Sebasitian again. I took a step. "I have to Jace. Maybe it won't be so bad. If Sebastian won't hurt you guys, it will be okay. And he isn't my brother so that's a plus."

Sebastian grinned wickedly.

I put my one hand in my pocket. I stared right into Sebastian's eyes and said, "I, Clary Fray, Morgenstern and Fairchild or whatever my last name is, swear by the Angel that I am not lying to the Sebastian and will go with you to the demon realms and be the Queen along side you."

If it was even possible, Sebastian grinned more. "One more thing." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You have to kiss me."

I can't blow my cover and plan now. I was about 11 feet away from Jace, yet I could feel him tense up. "Clary don't."

"I have to Jace. I'm sorry."

Sebastian started walking towards me. He reached and tucked my hair behind my ear, then tilted my chin up. Ignore it ignore it. It will be over soon enough, but my conscious was yelling, Clary Fray! I'd rather be stabbed by my own sword 100 times and stuck in the demon realms over this shit! He was leaning in more.

Breathe.

Right before he could kiss me, someone burst threw a closet hat was in the corner of the room. I looked to find Jonathan holding a gash on his chest that was bleeding.

"Jonathan?" I basically whispered.

But he wasn't looking at me. He was glaring at Sebastian.

"Let go of my little sister," was all he said.

No one's POV

The first floor of the institute was insane, a blood bath between demons and shadowhunters.

No one was happy that Sebastian came back, in fact, it made the shadowhunters even more brave and ferocious when fighting. The determination to destroy the mad man was stronger than before, knowing that he has killed so many loved ones and will try to do it again.

Jocelyn Fairchild, or Fray, was fighting for her daughter and husband.

Isabelle Lightwood and her boyfriend Simon Lewis were back to back, fighting all the demons that came in their path.

Alec Lightwood was by his partner Magnus Bane, him stabbing demons trying to protect Magnus who was healing wounded shadowhunters.

All the shadowhunters in the room were fighting for the ones they loved, their moms and dads, their brothers and sisters, their nieces and nephews.

And it was all about to come to an end.

Posting the next chapter Tusday! One more chapter and then an epilogue/author's note! I think this is the longest chapter I've written for this fanfic. Also I found out how to put gifs on chapters so I put some on old ones if you want to check them out c: