I rolled my eyes and continued to scout the area, seeing dragons in chains being used to do things with their elemental powers, such as a fire dragon over at what seemed to be a blacksmith.

"If we walk in there we're going to get caught, we need a disguise." Cole explained.

I looked at him, not noticing Wu sneak off. "Are you sure you want to come up with disguises, Rocky Dangerbuff?"
"We do not talk of that." Cole hissed, sending me a glare while I just grinned back before noticing Wu's disappearance.

"Hey where did Wu go?" I asked, looking around before seeing Wu at a washing line a few metres away from us, pulling something off it. "Wu!"

He pulled the clothes off before running back to us, thankfully without being caught.
"We could use these as disguises!" Wu said, holding up the shirts. "And, oops, I only got two."
I shrugged. "You two use them, I'll just do this." I replied, shifting into my take on what these people looked like.

I looked at the two who had taken a step back. "What?"
"You pass pretty good for one of them." Cole pointed out as he started to put the shirt over his gi and I started to help Wu into his.

———

"We're so going to get caught." I whispered as we walked amongst the people.
We had found some bones and managed to make a white paste for Cole and Wu to put on their faces and somehow Cole was wearing a stick on moustache.

So far, no one had mentioned anything.

"Be quiet." Cole snapped as a few people passed, chatting excitedly.
"Oh yeah! Slab's totally gonna crush those Oni in the Pit!" One exclaimed before they ran off in a direction where more and more people were heading.

"I think that's going to lead us to the others." I muttered as we made our way, hearing more and more cheers as we came closer.

We found ourselves in a huge arena where people were either sitting or standing, cheering for what was going to happen.

"Look, there they are." Wu pointed out as we saw our friends plus some other random guy shaking a bell in the middle of the arena.

"But we're in the cheap seats. If we're gonna help them, we have to get closer. Come on!" Cole said, starting to walk before bumping into someone accidentally.

The man glared at us. "I don't recognise you."
"And I don't recognise you!" Cole retorted.

He laughed. "Haha! Everyone knows I am Scar the Skullbreaker. Now, who are you?"

I looked at Cole who was trying to come up with an excuse.
"Uh, we're new to camp. The name's Rocky Dangerbuff. And this is my wife....River Dangerbuff and this is our son, Dangerbuff Jr."

'Wife? Excuse me?'

The man eyed us before grinning. "Ah! From the Dangerbuff clan! Ha. I know Stalwart Dangerbuff. I bet he'd like to see you. Let me fetch him."

He turned around but Cole pulled me and Wu away from him quickly.

"I'm going to give you kudos for that working better than last time." I said to Cole. "Also, if you want me to be your wife, take me out to dinner first."
"Hey! That was the first thing that came to my mind!" Cole defended.

"Well she's right, bad at disguises." Wu added with a grin.
"I didn't hear either of you speaking up."
"The Master knows when to keep his mouth shut." Wu said calmly as we went to find some seats.

I flinched as something was slamming it's full weight against locked wooden doors, that's most likely a dragon.

"Open the gates!!" A man yelled. "Reveal the Oni!"
The door opened and released what it was holding.

A large green and grey winged beast ran out, flapping it's wings as it grabbed that random guy and threw him in the air before catching him again.

I prayed that I was far enough away so it couldn't sense me but leaned to Cole.
"They probably think that the others are Oni," I muttered as the guy was flung out of the arena.
"Yeah, we've got to get them out." Cole agreed as the ninja were running away from the dragon.

Eventually the ninja were close enough for Wu and Cole to talk to them without drawing attention while I was on lookout.

"Zane!" Cole called.
"Cole! (Y/n), Master Wu. You're here." The nindroid replied.
"We've come to help."
"Then you should leave." Zane replied.
"Wait, what?" We're trying to save you!" Cole cried.

"Master Wu is a descendant of the First Spinjitzu Master. He's part Oni, his mere presence is only making things worse." Zane explained and my eyes widened.
"Shit, I forgot about that." I mumbled under my breath as Cole tried to pull Wu away, only after Wu pushed a chain to where the others could grab it.

"At least now they have something to work with." Cole said as he grabbed Wu and pulled me from my seat and up the stairs of the arena.

We watched as the others tied the dragon up, but before the dragon could use it's elemental power, Zane froze it's head.

"Hey!" The same man from earlier called out. "They are trained in the art of Spinjitzu, they're Elemental Masters! A weeks worth of rations to whoever brings the masters in chains!"

"Let's get out of here." I said as people from the audience stood up and jumped into the arena to get the three, but so far the ninja were able to keep them at bay with their powers.

Until a new hunter by the name of Heavy Metal jumped down and had a weapon that could attract and absorb elemental powers, and resulting in the ninja getting recaptured.

Word count: 2236 words