"Jay!" Both Kai and I cried before we started to run again, lungs burning.

There was another clink of chains and I watched as Kai flew backwards into the fog.
"Kai!" I cried, stopping and looking around, unsure where to go or what was really happening.

'Wait.' I thought before activating my shadow camouflage and looking around, I knew I couldn't be seen.

I watched as some strange vehicles pulled into view and stopped, a few people jumping out and looking around.
"Weren't there four?" I heard someone ask. "We only have three of them."
"Maybe, you know how the tracker stuffs up sometimes." Another voice replied.

Who are these people?

"Either way, we have the Oni, we should bring them back and the spare pieces of their hideout."
I watched from the shadows as the people loaded Kai, Zane and Jay into a metal cage on the back of one of their vehicles, they were unconscious.

I blinked, they thought that those three were Oni?

Then they had started to tie chains around pieces of the bounty before loading them onto vehicles or connecting the chains to the vehicles to drag with them.

I didn't want to step in, I was unsure of what was going on or who those people were, I've never seen them before, not even when I used to live here.

'I'll wait for Cole and Wu, we'll figure out a plan together.' I thought as the vehicles started up and drove off, leaving tire tracks behind them.

———

"Guys!" I heard someone call as I looked to see Cole and Wu walking back. "We got dinner! Some weird....vegetables or fruit or something like that."

I had been waiting for at least a few hours, it had become lighter and the fog was gone, I felt relief as I stood up to greet them.

They stopped as they walked closer, looking around.
"Where's the flying ship?" Wu asked, looking up at Cole.
"That's not a good sign." He muttered before seeing me. "What happened?"

"We were ambushed, I don't know who captured them, I know they weren't Oni though." I explained. "I somehow managed to escape but they took the bounty pieces and the others."
"That's definitely not good." Cole replied, looking at the tire tracks.

"The tire tracks lead this way." Wu said, pointing to where they lead and started to walk.
"Hey, where are you going?" Cole called as I started to follow Wu.
"To find our friends." Wu replied and continued on his way with me in tow and Cole following behind.

———

After what felt like an eternity of walking, we finally made it to where the tracks lead to, a base full of tents and weird white-skinned people walking around.

We crept behind some rocks on the outskirts of the place, watching what was going on, seeing the colourful colours of our friends as they were being lead somewhere.

"They're headed towards that arena." Cole pointed out. "But I don't think they're going to see a show."
"Then we have to go in there and break them out. Come on!" Wu cried, already climbing out from behind the rock if Cole hadn't grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and pulled him back.

"Are you crazy? This place is crawling with Hunters and getting caught isn't on my to-do-list. We're gonna have to wait it out." Cole told him firmly.

"Don't put off 'til tomorrow what could be done today." Wu replied and Cole widened his eyes.
"Did you- Did you just use my words against me?"
"They were my words first. You just borrowed them." Wu replied cheekily.