15

The group were now sat in the living room together, a few chatting between themselves and others just watching their surroundings.

Feyre stood up with a groan, rubbing a hand against her stomach. Aelin watched as Rhysand pressed a kiss to it, smiling softly.

"There's somewhere I have to go," Feyre said.

"Where?"

"The Suriel died seven years ago today, I want to go to his grave."

A few days after the war, Feyre had gone to the place where the Suriel lost his life and set up a little headstone made of rocks. Every year she would go, taking a new cloak and some flowers.

"Okay, but I don't think you should go on your own, though," Rhys said.

"I know."

Behind them, they could hear Rowan let out the most entertained laugh. He mumbled to Aelin, "if only you listened to my advice that well."

She ignored his comment and stood up. "Can U go with you? I'll stay out of your way, but U want to have a look around and see what this world is like."

Feyre nodded and walked over to the queen. She hesitantly reached out her hand (she had to admit, she was still a little bit scared of the woman), and with a small goodbye, they winnowed to the forest.

"There isn't really much to see here. It's just a big forest for miles; none of the other courts are nearby."

Aelin hummed and walked over to a large tree, jumping as agile as a cat and perching on one of the branches. The high lady, on the other hand, walked into the opening and pulled an intricately designed cloak out of her bag.

She laid it on the tree stump. The wood was surrounded by rocks that had colourful minerals and crystals etched into their surface, glittering in the warm sunlight.

Just like Aelin. She seemed to glow, too - as if the warmth and the brightness were attracted to her very being. Feyre had heard Amren mumbled something about her being the heir of the sun and fire.  The group were yet to see her powers in use but it seemed that anywhere she went, the light followed.

A few moments later, a rustling could be heard in the bushes. Aelin jumped from her makeshift seat and stood next to Feyre, dagger already drawn. But what came into the opening next had the high lady telling her to stand down.

A suriel.

You must be Feyre," it rasped. Aelin stared at it, head tilted to the side.

"My brother spoke of you all the time, he loved you greatly."

Feyre was going to burst into tears then and there. The hormones didn't help, but just the fact that her suriel had a family made her heart clench. How did she not know this?

"I brought you this," it walked towards the stump and placed a small scrap of paper on top of it. And without another word, it ran off into the bushes.

Feyre hesitantly walked over to the gift, a hand on her large belly. But as she read the paper, she understood. She understood exactly what it was and what it meant.

A broken sob left her mouth and this time, she couldn't stop the tears from falling. Aelin was watching her with an intense perplexity, wondering if she needed comfort or to be left alone, but Feyre didn't care.

Because on the paper was the Suriel's name. His true name. The one that he didn't think was important enough to tell her before he died. And it came at a perfect time.

Because she now had a name for the child growing in her stomach, in memory of the friend who didn't make it through the war.