story (AU)

Amity worked at the same Coffee shop she had been at for years, it was a pretty small place, they get a few customers everyday, and for now, it brought the money Amity needed to pay for college.

The bell above the door rang, and Amity perked up, putting on her best "I'm super nice" face she can. "Hello, welcome to Hexside Brews what can I- oh, it's you." Amity dropped the act, seeing who had just walked in.

"Heyyyyy, Amity, I thought Gus took care of orders." Luz said, walking up to the counter. "He does. But he's hurt his leg so he's on a bit of a break today , so I'm making drinks and taking orders, and Willow takes orders when I'm making drinks." Amity explained crossing her arms.

"Oh, uh, I hope he feels better?" Luz said, more of a question, she knew how Amity felt about her, and didn't know why other than the fact she was friends with willow, who she seemed to hate but didn't do anything about.

Amity didn't say anything, just looked at Luz, waiting for her to order. "I-I'll just have my usual." Amity nodded, pulling it up. "That'll be 4.95, cash or credit?" Luz handed her a $5 bill and got her change back.

Amity left to make her coffee, with far to much sugar and sweetener for her taste and Willow quickly ran over to Luz, they talked before and after Luz went to work, and Amity could always hear them. "Hey, how was your day at the doctors office miss apprentice." Luz laughed, Almost everyone that worked at the shop knew Luz was Eda's apprentice.

"Good, I helped Eda with a surgery, well, more like, she did it and I handed her the tools she needed." "Ohhhh, nice, what kind of surgery was it?" Willow asked, placing her elbows on the counter.

"Oh, it was an Appendectomy." Willow looked confused, "it's the removal of the appendix." Amity said, putting the drink down in from of Luz. "Right, you're Lilith's student?" Luz asked, making Amity roll her eyes before nodding.

"Okay, see you in class Willow." Luz said, walking to a table, where she proceeded to study. Gus walked out, limping a bit from the back room. "I can still walk!" He said, happily walking back to the counter.

"Good to hear, Luz just got her coffee, she's studying over there." Willow said pointing to Luz. "Damn, I missed her!" "We just hung out with her yesterday, remember, she was burned out for days from all the studying she does, she didn't eat for days." This caught Amity's attention, "Luz, burn out, I see her study here, but she usually takes care of herself, right?" Amity snapped out of her thoughts by the bell, seeing Bosha walk in.

After what felt like forever, but was actually 3 hours, they where closing up, and Luz was still studying, normally, Willow would let her know they where closing but she was currently helping Gus with something in the back.

She walked out from behind the counter and over to Luz, who still had her nose in her book. "Hey." Luz didn't respond, "hello?" Nothing, Amity just tapped Luz on the shoulder, making her jump.

"Hey, we're closing." "O-oh, sorry, I'll get out of your hair." Luz grabbed her stuff, "hey, one more thing." Luz turned around, "don't...don't burn yourself out, you really worried Willow." "I thought, you didn't like willow-" "just take care of yourself." Amity turned around to go clean the machines and heard the bell ring above the door.

Willow walked out of the back talking to Gus, seeing that Luz had left. "Whhhat happened to Luz?" "I told her we where closed, and she left." "What?" "I let her know we where closed, you where in the back." Amity finished with the machines and looked over at the two.

They finished and started out the door, willow stopping to pick something off the ground. "Ohhh crap, Luz dropped her notes, Gus, can you take these to her, I need to get home, my dads need my help!" "I can't, I need to take care of my dog, and my roommate probably didn't do the dishes."