Chapter 32

Bc i feel that taekook deserves some happiness... (unedited)

Also, I have ANOTHER summer camp this week, which means that I won't be able to update as frequently as I do. Sorry!

XXXIII: Jungkook

My throat hurts.

A dull ache in my head pierces through every thought, and my shoulder feels wet underneath the fabric of my shirt.

Why is my shoulder wet?

My face is pressed against some type of hard material that rises and falls steadily, and I feel something heavy thrown around my waist. I can feel a thick blanket covering my small frame, and I'm enveloped in a warm, tight cocoon of arms.

Arms?

I force my eyes open, wincing at the pain that the action caused. My body feels as heavy as lead, and it takes an immense effort to raise my head. But when I do, I see a familiar, dark brown headed figure sleeping next to me, one arm encircling my waist and the other on the back of my head, keeping me close.

"Tae?"

At the sound of my voice, Taehyung's eyes fly open. They land on me, and when he sees that I'm awake, a delighted cry leaves his lips.

"Jungkook!"

I had thought that he was hugging me tight enough before, but that was nothing compared to how his arms held me now. In one second, my face is squished against his broad chest, and he cradles me to his body like this was the last time he would see me. The last time that he would be able to touch me. Tears start to fall from his eyes, and now I can see that both of his eyes are red around the edges, like he had been crying the whole night.

"You're alive," he whispers as he rocks me back and forth in his embrace. "When I came to you last night, I thought―I thought that you were going to die. You looked so tiny and frail..." He nuzzles his face into my shoulder, and now I understand why it's wet. I wanted to wipe away the tears on Taehyung's face, but my arms were pressed against his chest, and I couldn't move them at all.

His sadness and relief is overwhelming, and I find myself starting to cry too, burying my head into his shirt. "I'm―I'm sorry..."

"Oh no, no, no." Taehyung cups my face in his hands, landing soft kisses all over my face. "Why are you sorry, Kookie? You did nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Don't cry, my love. Please."

I shake my head, my tears continuing to soak through Taehyung's shirt as he strokes my back with his hand. "I-I made you cry, tae. I worried you. I worried everyone."

"Jungkook, you were lying in bed while half dying from poison," Taehyung says. "Of course everyone was worried. But you're okay now. You'll be fine..." His calm words wash over me, gradually stopping my tears until they turn into occasional sniffles. When I cautiously look up at him, he gives me his signature boxy smile, which makes my heart flutter.

His concerned gaze sweeps over me, landing on my hand which is still covered in bandages.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Does your head hurt? Oh god, your hand probably hurts, doesn't it? I think Jin had some painkillers somewhere..." He makes a move to stand up, but I grab onto his arm before he can go. For some reason, I don't want him to be away from me. The thought suddenly makes me feel lonely and unsafe. I pat the spot beside me, and he lays down again. Snuggling up to him, I breathe in his clear scent, feeling content and safe. He brings his arms up to circle me, and we're back to the same position as before.

"You don't want me to go?" I shake my head, nestling my head into his shoulder. I can hear his low chuckle as he plants kisses in my hair.

"It's weird, Tae," I say. "I was never this clingy before. What happened to me?" Had the poison altered my brain? I loved Taehyung, but never before had I felt like I wanted to cry if he went away from me for just a second.