Chapter 3

III: Jungkook

I woke up in an unfamiliar room with a splitting headache. Everything seemed hazy, and I had to blink my eyes several times to get rid of the glinting black spots. When my vision recovered, I saw that I was in a large, beautifully decorated bedroom. The king-sized bed I was sleeping in was covered with heavy velvet blankets, and the floor was laid with soft rugs of many different patterns and colors. Lamps flickered on the walls, glowing with a soft orange hue. An oak wood door stood on the left wall, golden handle gleaming in the light. The wide window adjacent to the bed had long satin drapes, still drawn to prevent any sunlight from coming in. I wasn't sure there even was sunlight outside, as Jimin had made it pretty clear that we were going to the vampire world. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to hope that everything was going to be alright.

I shivered, realizing that my old jacket and boots were gone. Instead, they had been replaced with flowing white robes, each garment intricately embroidered with stitches resembling the moon, stars, and other celestial objects. It was disturbing to think that someone had undressed me in my drugged state, so I tried my best not to think about that.

Suddenly, I heard muffled voices coming from outside the door, and strained to hear. One was definitely Jimin; I would recognize the mellow voice of the kidnapper anywhere. The other was deeper and had a sharper tone, which I couldn't quite put my finger on. I knew I had heard that voice somewhere, and it was killing my brain not to remember it. So in the end, I just settled for propping myself up against the pillows and listening to their conversation.

"They were watching him Jimin!" the unknown man was saying. "Our enemies knew who he was! If I had just left him like that, he probably would have been dead by morning." With a start, I realized they were talking about me.

"That may be true Baekhyun, but it's too early. The poor boy's only 18. We can't just drag him into this before he turns of age. Besides," Jimin's voice dropped so low that I had to strain to hear. "What do you think Taehyung's going to say about this?"

The man, Baekhyun, sighed quietly. "I'm sure that he wouldn't like the idea of his soulmate being torn to shreds, so I hope I did the right thing..." but even he didn't sound so confident anymore.

"Well, no matter," Jimin said decidedly. "What's done is done, and now we just have to find a way to cope with all of this. And who knows? Maybe Jungkook is old enough to play his role."

The more I listened to their talk, the more confused and scared I got. What was my role in this whole war? By the anxious way the two men were talking about it, I assumed it was something important. But surely this could have nothing to do with me! I was a simple human teenager with absolutely no connection to this vampire world. Hell, I didn't even believe in vampires before this happened.

Now, I didn't know what to think.

With a start, I realized that the footsteps were nearing my door, and I dove under the velvet covers to make it seem like I hadn't been eavesdropping. Hearing the oak door creak open, I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep. But to no avail.

"Jungkook, we know you're awake," Jimin called, "Don't try and hide. We can hear your erratic heartbeat even from here."

How in the world could Jimin hear my heartbeat?

Oh right, probably those super sonic vampire senses.

Seeing no point in trying to hide when they already knew I was awake, I threw the covers off to find two males standing at the foot of my bed, watching me. One was Jimin, who had changed into a black tunic fastened with an emerald colored sash, silver eyes twinkling like stars. The other was a taller man with jet black hair and piercing amber eyes.