Chapter 30

K, so I felt bad for leaving y'all on a cliffhanger... so, next chapter!

XXX: Taehyung

I catch Jungkook before he can fall, bringing him close to my chest. He's shivering and his breath comes out in short puffs. When I put a hand to his forehead, I nearly pull it away when I feel how hot he is.

He has a fever.

A bad one.

"Jungkook!" I shake his shoulders. No response. His head lolls to one side, and his eyes are squeezed shut. Even though his forehead is so hot, his whole body shivers like it's the middle of winter.

"Out of my way!" I hear a voice nearby, and a moment later, Jin is at my side. "Lay him down on the ground, Taehyung. Let him use your lap as a pillow." I quickly do as he says, wrapping an arm around Jungkook's shoulders to keep him close. Jin puts a hand to Jungkook's cheek, before taking a circular tube filled with liquid out of his bag.

"Taehyung, give him this right now." I take the tube from him, and part Jungkook's lips, pouring the liquid down his throat. He immediately recoils at the taste, body jerking as he tries to spit it out. A pained cry leaves his lips, and it takes all my willpower to keep him steady. 

"What did you give him?" I ask, horrified as I feel Jungkook's body go limp once again in my arms. "A type of painkiller," Jin replies, still intent on searching through his bag. He gives up with a groan, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know what's wrong with him. We need to get him back to Armad as soon as possible. Most of my medicine is there. Here, give him to me." Jin reaches out his arms, but I pull away. "I'll take him. It's faster to fly to the portal rather than run. He'll have more time that way."

"Taehyung, you need rest―"

"Damn rest," I growl loudly, making Jin flinch. "My soulmate is in pain right now, and you want me to just do nothing? There's no way in hell that I'm not coming with you. Where's the door?"

Jin pauses. "Fine. It's in the woods next to the healing center. And once you're back at Armad, make sure to put wet a cloth and put it on his forehead. That should calm his fever down. I'll look at the gash on his face and his fingers when I get there." I nod, gathering Jungkook's frail body up in my arms.

"Yoongi! Namjoon!" Both men come out of the crowd, and I'm glad to see that they're uninjured. "Take care of the military while I'm gone. Make sure the wounded get proper care and none go crazy from bloodlust. The dead should be given a proper burial and be remembered with honor. Tend to it!" They both salute, turning back to the crowd, and start barking orders.

I swiftly pick Jungkook up, careful to avoid his broken hand. His body is so light that I know I can carry him and fly at full speed without getting tired. I've done it before. The soldiers part as I weave my way through the crowd, half from respect for my status, and the other half looking worriedly at Jungkook.

Once I get to the edge of the mass of vampires, I have enough room to spread my wings and take off. As I fly through the abandoned streets, I'm painfully aware that Jungkook looks so much paler than before, and his shivering is back. I use one hand to wind the cloak around his body, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

"Stay with me Jungkook," I whisper. He moans, and the blood that had clotted at the corner of his lip now flows freely again. I tighten my grip on his body as he violently shudders. "You don't have to open your eyes. You don't have to speak. Just stay with me."

I can't arrive at the door sooner, and I wrench it open, feeling the cool air of the kitchen hit my face. Running up the stairs, I open the door to the healing room, feeling a bit better when I see all the vials of medicine lining the walls. There has to be at least one of them which could heal my soulmate.