Do Re Mi

It had been officially 15 days since the captain left. Maria had finally finished her drape play clothes and decided today was the day. She woke all the children up and gathered them in the nursery.

"Are those the clothes you talked about?" An eager Brigitta asked

"Yes" Maria responded while sorting the yellow clothes into piles

"New clothes, that's not exciting" Friedrich said honestly

"Ah, yes but you can get these as dirty as you want" Maria looked at him over her shoulder then tossed some clothes at the boy.

"Still, we just stay here or town. Where on earth would we get dirty?" Kurt asked

"I have a surprise for you" Maria grinned ruffling his hair

(Insert Do Re mi montage if you want)

The children were ecstatic. A picnic in the mountains! How awesome! They traveled to the market to buy all of the goodies they would need and of course brought some things from their own nursery to play with.

They were just heading out when the little kids got distracted by yet  another fountain. Brigitta and Kurt were fishing for coins once again. Liesl waited and began to watch the people on the street.

The cars and bikes whizzed by and she wondered where they were going. All of the sudden she spotted a boy on a bike that looked familiar. She looked back at Maria and her siblings to find them engulfed in fun and decided to flag the boy to the side of the road. Rolf spotted her as well and swerved the bicycle to her.

 Rolf spotted her as well and swerved the bicycle to her

"Hello Rolf" Liesl smiled

"Hello" he seemed unsure and a little thrown off by her curtain dress.

"Would you like to go on a picnic with us?" She asked eagerly

"Picnics are for children and so is that...get up" he said coolly referring to her dress

"Please Rolf, say something nice" she was a tad hurt and then she heard Maria 'perfect' she thought

"I don't believe we've met" said Maria as the two teenagers glanced in her direction as she approached them.

"Oh..this is...Rolf" Liesl said crossing her arms out of embarrassment