The consequences of truth

" Alright, I look good, I suppose."  I said as I fixed the collar of my shirt. I chose to wear a collared nice shirt to at least look good, and switched my jeans out to a black one. I'm only a representative there, so I won't have to talk too much. I sighed, thinking about what the other could be doing. I'm sure that Frisk and Betty went towards Grillby and Muffet's warzone when I left them. Those two are rivals, but at the same time, enjoying this competition that has been going on since they opened their bars.

" Oh sweetie, you look beautiful!" Mom squealed from the door of my room with my sister next to her. I smiled as Daisy walked to me and chuckled.

" Good Luck big bro. You've got this!" She said to make me confident, but I already was. I knew that it will be easy, since the directors will just sign the papers, and that's it. I chuckled as a big grin appeared on my face. 

"I still have an hour before the whole whole reuinion begins." I said as I shrugged and grabbed some pages that I wrote if I'll need to talk. I wasn't like Dad who could talk like a lawyer all day, but I still had to try to defend the monsters. They were my friends after all. Daisy suddenly hurried to her room, excited about something.

" Hey, aren't you going to Dr.... Uh.." Mom asked, not remembering the name of the first Royal Scientist, even as he was there in many history books. 

" You mean Doctor Gaster? Yeah, I'm going. He just sent a text that he needs some help." I said, just to see Daisy give something to me. 

" I found what you were looking for! You needed the 4th volume, right?" She asked, and I remembered that I asked her to let me borrow her history book. They were learning the part that Doctor Gaster was kind of interested in, so I wanted to help. 

" Yes, you remembered. Thanks Sis. " I said with a smile, giving her a kiss onto her forehead. She genuinely chuckled and hugged me. I hugged her back, glad that I had everything with me. I sighed as Mom warned me about getting into trouble, but I simply repeated everything she said. After that, I teleported to Gaster's house. My powers weren't going rogue since yesterday, and I could normally teleport to anywhere I wanted. I sighed, hoping that I don't interrupt anything, while opening the door. I've walked to the lab through the living room, just to see a lot of papers, a frustrated Gaster, and a lazy Sans on the sofa, reading a book. 

" Have you seen something like it G?" Sans asked as Gaster ran through some notes. 

" Not quite... Between us Sans, everything on the surface is new, for you, me, and for the kid as well." He said, picking up an another paper. 

" Hey. What did I miss?" I asked, and both of them looked at me. They didn't even hear that I came in? The door is a little noisy, but whatever.

" Sans discovered that the girl that Frisk became friends with, has a pink soul trait. It's new for everyone." Gaster said, turning back to the papers. Suddenly, images appeared before me. I saw a dark orange haired woman pulling the body of a dead girl, then her soul transformed from dark orange to pink. I felt like I couldn't breath, and the air seemed frozen around me, like I was a spectator. I couldn't move, and when I tried to speak, nothing happened. I looked down at my body, just to see it turning into dust. I quickly shaked my head, and because of it, I felt dizzy. I closed my eyes, then opened them, hoping that I would wake up. Luckily the image disappeared, and I was back in the room. I couldn't control my breathing, and tears were nearly flowing from my eyes.

" Lukas? Are you fine?" Gaster asked, as I blinked to confirm that I was back in the lab. 

" Yeah, I'm fine. I just.. It's nothing." I said as I wiped my tears away. I noticed that Sans disappeared, so I just sat down on the couch.