Making promises is a bad habit

"Oh, Hi Lukas! I didn't expect you to be here." Frisk greeted me as I opened the Lab's door.

" Hello... Come in you two." I said melancholicly, letting them enter. The inner laboratory was filled with the remainings of Gaster's fit of anger from yesterday. And because of the stress caused by Sans's death, I was deprived of sleep.

" Are you alright? You don't look like you slept yesterday..." Asriel looked at me while we reached the inner lab and I grabbed a mug full of coffee.

" I don't care about how I look right now. I must have bags under my eyes, but that's not the important thing. What happened there Asriel?" I asked somewhat coldly. Frisk looked surprised as I took a sip of the coffee.

" Sorry... Yesterday took a part out of me as well." I apologised a little quietly.

" Lukas, where should I put the history book?" The ex royal scientist asked from the living room.

" Just put it on the table, next to the armchair." I said, walking towards the other room.

" Alphys!" Frisk exclaimed which made the doctor loose her grip on the book that fell onto the ground.

" How come you're here?" Asriel asked as I picked the book up and put in on the table.

" Lukas called me last night.... And told me about Sans. Gaster..." She started, but her voice faded.

" He's... Not taking it pretty well." I finished her sentence as I fixed a vase with glue and put it back where it belonged.

" Where is he?" Asriel asked.

" He's in the backyard. You should go Frisk." I said to the human, who did what he was told. He was capable of reasoning with Gaster, and cheering him up. After he left, I turned to Asriel.

" Please, I have to know what happened. You have to tell me Asriel..." I asked him, hoping to get answers. If I want to destroy that monster, then I have to know what happened.

" Well.... We went into the security office. We found footage of Betty going away during the HSO meeting, which must have meant that she met with Ms.Grey..." He started, but I raised my hand up, signalling him to stop.

" Wait. Ms. Grey...? You mean to tell me that Jessica Grey helped Betty kill Sans...? She helped Betty kill Sans... That son of a--" I choked on my own words in anger.

"Language, please..." Alphys muttered, as I let my hand rest on the armrest. As an another wave of anger flew through me, I let it out by breaking the armrest with my grip.

" Right... Language...." I grumbled. I looked at Asriel who was shocked at my earlier action.

" Is your hand alright?" He asked as I looked at it. It was a little bruised, but nothing painful. I summoned a green hand to heal it while I smiled.

" Yes, it's nothing. Don't worry. We have to think about what we'll do with Betty." I said as my hand finished healing.

" I.... I don't know... I just fled from there." He said with fear echoing in his voice.

" Tell me... I saw something through someone or something. You blew up the wall behind you, and Betty was next to me." I said, looking into his eyes.

" That creature... Kumu or something was next to Betty." He explained, and J sighed.

" So somehow I saw through that pink ball's eyes. Great...." I said my thoughts out loud.

" Don't worry. We'll figure out something. Gaster most likely will." He smiled, and a smile appeared on my face as well.