Rebirth and Complications

"Ready, Metta?" I turned towards the robot who was in his new, more offensive form.

"Whenever you are, darling." He nodded with a stern expression. Betty turned towards us and raised her hands, shooting out two triangle-shaped bolts of magic toward us.

"You take the air, I'll take the ground." I declared, activating the perseverance power. All 7 hands turned purple, copying the attack and shooting back the attack towards Betty. Mettaton took off from the ground, hovering a few meters above the place next to me. The enemy's two attacks collided with mine, providing an explosion and five other attacks flying towards Betty. From what I saw, the attack landed as smoke rose from around her.

"Alright... That hurt a little." Groaning, she stood up from her kneeling position. The dust settled, letting me take a peek at her true, demonic form. Her inner skin was pink, with sharp teeth resembling a shark's. She was regenerating fast, but Mettaton started his turn with a barrage of magic blasts. Dodging them, she slowly inched forward towards us.

"Don't waste your energy on a moving target!" I advised the robot as I combined the hands into the Duality ability. Now I was controlling them directly and they were more durable too.

"Wow, you don't know how fighting works, do you?" Betty snarled, appearing before me, her scythe hand inches away from my head. I quickly shot out an integrity razor blade at her from the side as I tried to teleport away, even a few meters. Her hand grew massive in size and blocked the blade, sending it to the ground. But after that, an energy ball sent her into the wall next to me.

"There, did I waste my shot?" Betty snarled at that comment, getting out of the rubble and jumping up to the upper seating. Sending out another wave of triangular bullets, flying towards Metta, leaving Betty's guard down.

As she was distracted, the left hand captured her in patience strings, making her growl as I pulled her back to the surface level. Planting bravery bombs all around her, the pink shade took over more of its hair as she noticed my trap. Snapping my fingers, the bombs exploded, destroying the wall behind her to mere rubble.

"Watch out!" I heard a robotic voice from afar, but I was too slow. Betty appeared before me, her left hand transforming into a hot pink spike. It ran through my right shoulder, lifting me into the air.

"Still thinking that you're going to be the hero who saves everyone? You're the most horrid creature I've seen. A being with a human soul and monster magic." Betty taunted, leaning closer toward me. Her sharp teeth were glistening as the light let me peek into her mouth.

"Then you haven't seen your reflection yet, right?" I joked, then heard something break in my body as she dashed forward with me still impaled on her spike arm and broke through the wall with my body. Spitting out some blood, I chuckled.

"What's the matter? Did you realize that this show you're trying to put up is meaningless?" She grinned evilly, her voice full of hate.

"No... I remembered how I always annoyed Agate, your creator with my presence. When I tried to talk with her once, she summoned her spear and stabbed me right where you just did and pushed me into the wall. Talk about Deja Vu." I explained, knowing that I could only stall the time for so long.

"Goodbye, freak." Her other hand transformed into a scythe as she raised it. I closed my eyes to prepare to die for the last time, only to feel that I fell to the ground and Betty was screeching like a wounded animal. Opening my eyes, I saw Metta pulling me up from the ground with his left hand, while a blade was protruding from his right arm. A black substance was slowly dripping down along the blade, leaving drops on the ground that slowly tried to crawl towards Betty. Regaining the strength in my legs, I snapped my fingers, summoning a Duality hand, and stepped onto it. Mettaton flew up and I followed behind. We can't protect each other if we're separated and we decided to act on it.