Chapter 24

"Yeji!" Jungkook went to her and hugged her tightly. "Gosh! You're okay!" he kissed her head. "I'm fine oppa." Yeji smiled.

"Looks like you're reunited again." Areum got up from her suffering a moment ago. "But it's too bad that I have to end it." Areum grinned.

"Too bad cause' I won't you!" Yeji walked forward but Jungkook held onto her hand. "Yeji, no."

"No, oppa. I'll show this woman that she shouldn't mess with what's mine!" Yeji gritted her teeth. "I would like to see that, love." Areum smirked.

"Hanzo! I need help here!" They heard Hoseok's voice desperately asking for a backup. "Go help him, Hanzo. I'll be okay." Yeji whispered but it's enough for Hanzo to hear. Hanzo let out a soft growl before he went to help Hoseok.

Areum frowned, "Oh, you don't need your dog?" "He's not a dog!" Yeji gritted her teeth. Areum let out a laugh, "How are you going to fight me, honey? You just a human. And your wolf can't do anything much." Areum mocked her.

Yeji ran towards her, "That doesn't mean I can't hurt you!" Yeji punched her on her face. "I grew up with bullies because of you!" Yeji spun and kicked Areum on her stomach. Areum fell down on her knees.

Yeji grabbed onto Areum's hair. "I lost my family because of you!" she threw Areum to the side. Areum quickly got back on her feet but Yeji punched her on her nose, breaking it at once. "I lost my child because of you!"

"I got separated from my husband because of you!" Yeji punched her again. "Enough!" Areum got up and punched Yeji on her stomach. Yeji fell to the ground, clutching onto her stomach in pain.

"Yeji!" Jungkook was about to run to her but Areum stopped him with her barrier. "You are not welcome here, Jeon Jungkook!" Areum gritted her teeth.

She turned back to face Yeji. "You and your useless mumbling!" Areum kicked her. "Should I remind you who you truly are?" Areum slapped her face. "You're just a human..." Areum pulled Yeji's hair and make her faced her. "You tainted our bloodline!" Areum kicked Yeji on her face.

"Yeji no!" Jungkook shouted.

Areum looked satisfied when she watch Yeji didn't move an inch before she slowly lose consciousness. Areum turned to face Jungkook, "Now, it's your turn!" she walked towards him with a sword in her hand. She make the barrier disappear before she attacked Jungkook with the sword, but he dodged it.

"Be good and stop dodging!" Areum thrust the sword towards him. Jungkook groaned in pain as he looked down, seeing the sword embedded into his skin.

Areum pulled the sword back with a huge grin. "Ha! I did it!" Jungkook fell on his knees. "Now, for the last blow...this should end everything." Areum raised her sword. Her next attack was aiming for his neck.

She finally swung the sword. Jungkook closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to witness the scene.

"Ahhh!!" Areum let out an ear piercing yelled. Her sword fell onto the ground. Jungkook looked up in puzzle.

Areum turned sideways and saw Yeji. "Y-You..."

Yeji smirked. "Oh don't mind me. I'm just human!" Yeji stabbed the sword deeper into Areum's flesh. She then kicked Areum on her back. Areum fell onto the ground, panting hard. "That's for killing me."

Yeji took another sword and stabbed right into her heart. "And that's for what you did to my baby, my family and Jungkook!"

Areum coughed blood a few times as her eyes slowly closing down. And soon she was lifeless.

Yeji panted heavily.

"Yeji! Jungkook!" Hoseok came to then limply with Hanzo by his side. "Hoseok...oppa..." Yeji fell onto the ground, unconscious.

Yeji frowned deeply as she felt a painful sting all around her body. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked her. He was taking care of her injuries. Yeji turned to look at him, "Areum..." "Don't worry. You took care of her." Jungkook took the cloth and gently wiped her face.

Her gaze landed on the bandage around his torso. "You h-hurt..." she tried to get up but Jungkook stopped her. "It's not serious. I'll be okay." Jungkook smiled softly.

"Yeah, right. Lucky for you Areum's blow didn't cut any of the crucial organ." Hoseok came over. He had bruises and cut on his face and his upper body. "Hoseok...oppa..." Yeji looked at her with sad eyes.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that, my lady. I'm good. Compared to Jungkook's injury, this is nothing. Hanzo and I killed everyone. They work under Areum so they deserve that." He told Yeji.

"Hanzo?"

"He's outside, playing around." Hoseok told her.

Yeji looked around the room. She noticed that it was not her room. "Where are we?" she asked. "We're taking shelter at an empty shack. We're at the end of the land. We're going back to human world after your recovery." Hoseok told her. She nodded. Yeji noticed that Jungkook is not saying anything else.

"Hoseok oppa, can I have a word..." Yeji asked as her eyes landed on Jungkook. Hoseok looked between Jungkook and her. "Oh, sure. I'll find something for us to eat while I'm out." Hoseok got up and walked out from the shack.

Yeji slowly got up and nestled Jungkook who seems to space out. "Oppa..." she gently touched his arm. Jungkook looked at her, "Yeji..."

"What is it? You're not happy..."

"I let you down, Yeji."

"What?" Yeji was surprise. "I should be the one who protect you, not the other way around. I should kill Areum for what she did to you, to your family." Jungkook clenched his fist. "But I fail...again."

Yeji gently cupped his face. "No one fails, Jungkook oppa. We all did our part. Even Hoseok and Hanzo did their part. So no one fails. It doesn't matter who kills Areum. Now that she's not around, none of that matter to me." She pecked his lips. "Please, don't blame yourself." She smiled to him.

Jungkook pulled her into a hug while keep repeating 'I am sorry'.