Chapter 14

After placing the dishes in the sink, Jungkook returned back to the dining table with two glasses of water. He placed one of the mug in front of Yeji.

"Thank you." she thanked him and he just reply with a smile.

"So, what do want to know, Yeji?"

"Everything."

"From the start?"

Yeji nodded. "From the start."

"You know this will take a long time right?" Jungkook looked at her. "Don't worry. Tomorrow is Saturday." Yeji answered casually.

Jungkook sighed.

"Okay. Before I start on anything else, you do know that you're a half right?" he asked.

"I heard it a few times in my dream but I never get what it means."

"Yeji, before you are a human, you were a demon, half-demon."

Yeji's eyes widened in surprise when she heard that. *me? Demon?*

"Your father is a full wolf-demon. He's one of the powerful demon that rule the wolf-demon tribe in the land back in the demon world. And you have two mothers. Lady Hara is your another mother. She has a daughter names Areum and she's a full demon since Lady Hara is a full demon herself. Then your father married your mother, Lady Gyujin and she's a full human. And then you came to the world being a half-wolf-demon and half-human. Given that, you have few traits that resemblance a wolf." Jungkook explained. He then looked at Yeji for any sign reaction.

She had that one deep frown on her face. "So I'm a child of a demon? And part of me is a wolf?" she asked and Jungkook nodded. "So this demon world you said...I suppose it's an abnormal case for having human there, isn't it?" Yeji asked and Jungkook nodded.

"This is what I heard from those who work at the place before your father marry your mother. He went to human world to hunt for some flesh but came across your mother by accident. He fell in love with her and brought her back to the demon world. There they got married." Jungkook told her and she only nodded.

Yeji sighed, "Well that's explain why me and mother were left alone." "Not really. The Lord is such a loving father and husband. He would spend a week with Lady Hara and Areum and the next whole week with you and Lady Gyujin. That's how he live his life." Jungkook said.

"Do I need to tell you about me? Or you already know about it?" Jungkook asked.

Yeji stared into his eyes. "Jeon Jungkook, came to our place when one of the men found you wondering alone in the town. Father said to bring you in and live with us. You said that you owe him your life so you volunteer to work for him which he assigned you to protect me and keep me safe since...all the demon kids like to hurt me." Yeji told Jungkook.

"You brought Hanzo to me because you're worried if you are not there with me. At least Hanzo can keep me accompany." She added and he nodded.

"We grew up together and eventually fell in love." Yeji smiled at the memories.

Jungkook nodded with a smile as well. "I'm glad that you remember me, Yeji."

Yeji's smiled slowly disappeared. "But...how did I...uhm us ended up here?"

Jungkook clenched his fist. "Can I tell you about it another time?" he asked. Yeji stared at him. She could see that there's something painful in that memories of his. "I know it hurts oppa, but it doesn't matter what happen in the past." Yeji hold onto his hand. "I am here now, with you." she gave him a soft smile.

Jungkook looked at her before he let out a soft sigh. "Areum...your half-sister. She was the woman you saw in your dream and she's the one who attack you in your room that night."

"And...she's the one...who...k-k-" Jungkook clenched his fist even tighter. Yeji gave his hand a little squeezed. "Jungkook oppa."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes again. "She's the one...who killed you."

Yeji gasped out loud. "Ki-killed me? I died?" Jungkook nodded, looking so hurt.

"Areum hates you for many reason. You had human blood in you, you're a half and yet you still get more than what she get. You get more attention from your father. You get as much as she gets when your father brought home gift for the two of you. She was just jealous of you. She thinks that you don't deserve anything that she owns."

"Her hate for you grew stronger at the news of our marriage. She thought that you don't deserve a full demon husband. She tried everything to kill you, named it. She tried to burn you alive, she even tried to set you up."

Jungkook looked at Yeji. "You were so strong to go up against her. I really adore you for that, Yeji."

"But what about the incident at the stairs? My dream always ended there..."

Jungkook looked at her with a sad eyes. Yeji finally understood his look. "That's when she successfully killed me huh?" she asked and he nodded.

"You were pregnant with our first baby and you already at your fifth month of pregnancy. I went out to town to get something sweet for you. Then I returned home with a loud screaming and yelling from both of you. I went to you but it was too late. She already pushed you down the stairs. And that's when I know we lost the baby." Jungkook held in his tears at the mention of losing their first unborn baby.

"You were unconscious but still alive. I ran down the stairs but Areum was much faster. She stabbed you a few times on your back but the deepest thrust located near your L3. That blow took you away from me." Jungkook finally let his tears fell.

"I can't believe I let you die right in front of my eyes."

Yeji took his hand and brought it to her lips. She kissed it gently. "But I'm here now, Jungkook oppa. I won't go anywhere."

Jungkook looked at her with teary eyes.

"That's enough for tonight. You can tell me about everything else some other time." Yeji said. To be true, she wanted Jungkook to tell her everything. But after seeing the strong guy crying upon mention about her death, she couldn't bring more tears to the man she loves so much.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook cried.

Yeji quickly got up from her seat and went to Jungkook's side. "Hey, look at me." She cupped his face. "See, I'm here now. No need to be sorry." She wiped his tears using her thumbs. Yeji then rested her forehead on his. "We're together now and that's good. I'm not going anywhere, I promise you." she said.

Jungkook wrapped his hand around her and hugged her. He rested his head on her chest as he cried.

"Oppa, you heard that right? The sound of my heart beating. I'm alive now, oppa. Now don't cry. Let's go to sleep okay? We have all day for us tomorrow." She kissed his head.