Prologue

"Why should we hire you?"

The interviewer's eyes were locked into mine. Her gaze really made me feel uncomfortable and intimidated. I was nervous but I sat up straight to feel confident. I know I can do this.

I took a deep breath. "I am hardworking."

"What else?"

"I can cook."

"We have a chef. We don't need a cook," the interviewer said. "What else can you do?"

"I'm good at cleaning," I said. "I can also do the laundry. I can be an all-around worker."

The interviewer--a black-haired woman in a grey coat--nodded her head. "Are you sure you want to work here?"

I nodded. "Yes, Ma'am."

"So." She flipped the papers in front of her. "Your records are clean and you seem good and well-mannered."

I nodded for the second time and smiled.

"What's your interest in music?"

My smile faded. Wait, did she just asked me about my interest in music? In a job interview?

"I don't think it's necessary."

"It is necessary," she seriously said. "Tell me."

"W-well." I didn't know what was happening and I was confused. I really needed this job so I answered her, anyway. "I listen to The Carpenters."

"What else?"

"A1 and a little bit of Kenny Rogers."

The interviewer nodded her head. She stared at me for about a minute, as if observing my hair, my clothes and everything. She cleared her throat before she finally spoke again.

"Okay," she said. "You're hired."

I almost jumped when I heard that words. Yes! I finally have a job!

"R-really?"

"Yes."

I couldn't believe it! Thank God!

"Call me Miss Joan," she added. "Congratulations."

I smiled widely and shook her hand. I was so happy! "Thank you so much, Ma'am."

"All right," she said. "I'll tour you around the house. Come."

She stood up and walked out of the door and I silently followed her. I can't wait to start working here.

"Your job is to keep the cleanliness all around the house together with the other maids," she said as we were making our way to the hall. "Many people visit here everyday so I expect you to be polite, especially to the boss and the guests."

I nodded. "Yes, Ma'am."

Miss Joan kept on talking about the rules of the house that I should follow. She told me that I am not allowed to enter the the boss' bedroom if I was not assigned to clean it and I'm not allowed to talk to him if he wasn't talking to me.

"Those rules are important. You should follow them, understand?"

I smiled. "I understand."

After a few minutes of walking, we stopped in front of the house's wooden and carpeted staircase.

"Wait for me here," she said. "I'll just go to the comfort room. We'll continue the house tour when I get back."

I nodded. "Okay."

She left for the comfort room while I stand awkwardly alone in front of the staircase to wait for her. The house was quite huge. I was looking around and admiring the expensive-looking paintings that were hanging on the walls.

I could see many different statuettes of some Disney characters like Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan displayed on a small table near the window. There were so many of them, indicating that the owner must be big fan of Disney. The house itself was magical, it looked as if it came out directly from a Disney movie.

"I wonder who my boss is," I said to myself. This house was a paradise. The boss must be super rich.

I walked around the house and continued to admire all the decorations that I see. I also saw some antique displays and the designs of the furniture were majestic. It was when I was staring at a huge vase in the corner when I heard someone spoke behind me.

"Hi."

The voice was calm and soft. Wait, why did it seem familiar?

I turned around and my freaking jaw literally dropped when I saw the owner of the voice. It was a tall man wearing a red shirt while holding what looked like a water gun.

Holy. shit.

"You must be the new maid." He took off his Fedora revealing his black curly hair tied back in a low, messy ponytail. "Welcome to Neverland."

For a moment, I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. My knees shook as the man stared at me while smiling. Was this even real?

"Here." He handed me the water gun that he was holding. "I'm soaked, I'll just change my shirt. Tell Joan to accompany the guests outside while I change."

He smiled for the last time and made his way upstairs. I was left there standing alone, shocked and unable to move.

What the hell did just happen?

Miss Joan came back from the comfort room only to see me petrified as a rock while holding a green water gun. I was in awe. My eyes were wide and I couldn't believe who I just saw.

"Well." She smirked. "I guess you just met him. Handsome, isn't he?"

My grip to the water gun loosened and it fell on the floor in a loud thump. "D-did I just see.. Michael J-Jackson?"

"Yep." Miss Joan chuckled. "The King of Pop himself."

"W-why is he here?"

"He lives here," she said. "He's the boss."

No. way.