Arc 4: A Chance Meeting Part 5

Start from the beginning

Hanabi frowned." Of course, I'm too old for them." She said, before continuing." And it's actually not for me you know." She added.

Her cousin both raised his eyebrows." Then for who?" He asked. It was too much for the girl to have all of these and used them for a reason.

"It's for the orphanage." She simply said, before going quiet thereafter. Should she really tell him everything?

Neji blinked couple of times before putting himself into a state of confusion and wonderment." Why would she do that?" He thought to himself. His curiosity was rising at the same time.

"I still don't understand, why would you involved yourself just to-"

"It's for charity." Hanabi cut him off once again." and also I'm not a type of person, who would just stand and watch things." She explained." I wanted to extend the help myself too."

"Okay?" Her cousin said amusingly." Any motivations on why you want to be some kind of philantrophist?" He added.

This made the younger Hyuuga chuckle." Oh come on big cousin, do we really have to talk all about it?" She asked, receiving a simple nod from the latter.

"Yes Hanabi and At least I know what I have to deal with it." Neji explained." Your father would ask a lot of questions." He added.

It was at this time that the two Hyuugas turned to a direction leading up to the girl's certain destination. There were currently at the east side of the village, and it was just recently noticed by Neji himself that they were already far away from their supposed path back to the compound, and he was busy conversing with his cousin that his mind was occupied.

Thinking that they were already far away to head back, Neji just let things go with the flow and accompanied his cousin to finish her task.

At the same time, a new topic entered into the conversation.

"Hey, weren't you supposed to have a training session with your team?" Hanabi asked, recalling her cousin earlier statement.

It was at this time that Neji widened his eyes in realization as he slowly began to panic. It has come to his mind that an hour had passed and he was already late for his team training. He was about to dropped all the shopping bags on the ground at the same time when a certain static sound entered the scene.

"Hey Neji are you there?" The voice of his bushy brow teammate spoke through a certain walkie talkie located inside one of his pockets.

"Lee!" The Hyuuga froze as he waited for the next sentence.

"Hey man, if you're there, our Team training has been postponed into a different date." The voice of Lee explained." Gai-sensei has a special seminar to attend to."

The message had ended there before the brown haired Hyuuga could reply back. This time he gave out a huge sigh of relief and then looked up to see his cousin giving him a small amused face.

"Well, would you looked at that." Hanabi commented, placing her hands on her hips." Looks like my big cousin is born to accompany me everytime." She gave a little snicker.

Neji rolled his eyes in return as he continued on walking. It seemed that fate had him already assigned to that certain position for long time now.