Chapter 39

I wake up and see Cato sitting on our bed.

"Babe is everything okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I just had a bad dream." He replies.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"We were in the games, and Glimmer and I killed you while you slept." He says with a tear coming down his face.

I get the chills hearing that. I have to be honest it does make me a bit uneasy.

"It was just a dream," I say getting up and hugging him.

"I know, but Clove can you promise me something?" He asks.

"Depends what," I reply.

"Promise me that if I ever hurt you, break up with me." He says looking down. I can see how sad he is.

"Cato, couples have fights, they have their ups and downs but that's what makes a good couple. We will have our ups and downs and we already have, if anything happens like you make me sad or angry I will tell you. You are the love of my life and I love you more than anything." I say kissing him.

He kisses back and you can tell some of his pain has gone away. I sit there hugging him.

"Do you know what time it is?" I ask.

"9:30, you slept in threw the alarm I got the test and i just waited for you to be up." Cato says.

I smile.

"Where's Willow?" I ask him.

"She wanted to go to a friend's house, she is spending the night there." Cato says.

"Okay, by the way if I am pregnant I want to keep it." I say.

He smiles and hugs me.

I go into the bathroom and take the test. It takes 3 minutes for the results. And keep in mind there was 3 tests in each box and Cato got 2 boxes.

I take 3 tests just to make sure there is no false positive or negatives.

After the most long and painful three minutes of my 3 minutes of my life. The test results come back. I am so scared to look but I know I will need to.

I hold up the pregnancy test in my hand and I take one look at it. It's a positive.

This has to be a false positive right?

That happens all the time right?

I look at the other 2 and they are both positive.

I start to break down.

Cato hears me break down and coming running in threw the doors.

"Clove, what's wrong?" He asks.

I just look at the pregnancy tests and he got my message. He looks at the 3 of them and has a happy but worried look on his face. Of course I want to keep the baby but I am so young.

He comes up to me and kisses my forehead and hugs me. I am happy it's just I just turned 18 today.

"So what are you going to do with the baby?" He asks.

"I want to keep it of course it's just I'm scared." I say being honest

"Clove we are going to be parents! The baby will have all of your beauty, sweetness, kindness, a bit sassy like you are." He asks with a tear of joy on his face.

I smile. I do cheer up. I've always wanted to have kids but I can't believe it would be when I'm 18.

"Cato the baby will be beautiful like you too." I say smiling.

He smiles back and hugs me even tighter. I just can't believe it. Like of course I am happy but I'm just in shock.

"Should we tell people tonight?" I ask Cato.

"It's all up to you." He says back.

"I'll tell my mom and Willow first. You can also call your parents a tell them." I say.

He smiles still holding on to me.

"If you don't mind, I also want to tell Enobaria and Brutus, they are like family to me. And I also want to tell Steph, Madix and Pearl. They deserve to know after all they've done for us." I say.

"Okay, well we can make some phone calls now if you want to?" He says.

I nod my head.

Cato and I go over to the phone and make some phone calls They are all so happy for us, but my mother didn't pick up. I hope everything is okay there.

"Cato, I'm a bit worried about my mom not answering." I say.

"Do you want to go over there and check?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

He nods his head and we both get ready to go over to my house. My mom isn't the richest person there could be, when I offered her some of my victory money she declined it. She always wanted to be rich but when I wanted to give her some money she turned her nose up at it. I let Willow have some money, she said I didn't need to but I know I should. I just don't want them to go bankrupt.

We walk over to my mom's house and knock on the door, there is no response. I get a very worried feeling in my stomach. I can't lose my mom. Even though she was barley around for me I still love her with all my heart.

I have a key to the house and I open the door up. My mom is passed out on the couch with a bottle of beer in her hand.

I shake her awake. Her breath smells so bad. It smells like a lot of liquor and smoke. My mom isn't in a good place right now. She got a boyfriend who loves her but she is still an alcoholic.

"Clove is that you?" She asks.

"Yes mom, it's me" I say.

"Clove pass me the wine." She says.

"No, mom listen to me. I have something big to tell you!" I say.

"Clove just pass the wine and then tell me." She says.

"Mom listen, I am pregnant!" I say.

She looks at me and smiles.

"Well, good for you and Cato." She says and hugs me.

I smile and hug her back. I am very happy about the baby, like I've always wanted this when I was younger. But little did I know that it would be with Cato and when I am 18 years old.