Chapter Twelve

Heyyy, so this chapter is a bit longer than the others, but trust me - I'm pretty sure you want to read it till the end xxx

"Is it still there?" Louis asks quietly as he lets his gaze wander over the grass, the hill and the trees on top of it.

Harry nods, "Yeah, it is. Wanna have a look?"

Louis hesitates for a moment but eventually gets out of the car. Harry follows straight after and together, they stroll over the meadow until they reach the small mound. Louis glances back over his shoulder to check if Harry is still there. The curly-haired one gives him an encouraging nod and they start climbing the hill.

Behind the trees, an old hut comes in sight. It looks even more weather-beaten than ten years ago, but it is still quite presentable.

"Do you think it still carries us?" Harry asks, pointing at the roof.

Louis scrunches his nose sceptically but eventually shrugs his shoulders.

"Let's try."

He steps closer and climbs on an upside-down turned rain barrel, heaving himself onto the roof in a rather inelegant way.

"I could have helped you," Harry states while holding in his giggles.

"No need, thank you," Louis huffs and sits down on the edge.

Harry climbs on the roof with more ease and plops down next to Louis. He makes sure that there is some space between them.

"Gemma looked very happy yesterday," Louis suddenly breaks the silence and glances over at Harry.

"She was," he replies, smiling at the thought of his sister being married to the love of her life now. "All the screaming and crying and stressing out of the past months was worth it I guess..."

"Was it that bad?"

"Well," Harry chuckles, "she wanted a dream wedding and the planning phase was anything but dreamy. Everything was going wrong sometimes. But in the end, it thankfully worked out."

"It was so weird to hear about her wedding... I mean she's barely older than me. I somehow didn't see it coming..."

"How did you learn about the wedding in the first place?" Harry asks, remembering one of the many questions that were keeping him awake last night.

Louis seems to realise what he just said and panic flashes over his eyes. Harry can literally hear his brain rattle when feverishly searching for an explanation. It can't be that bad... can it?

Apparently, Louis gives up and seems to go for the truth, "Gemma invited me."

Harry nearly falls off the roof, "She what?"

"She sent me an invitation. My sister gave her the address," Louis replies meekly.

"Why on earth didn't she tell me?"

"Because I asked her to. I immediately declined when I received the invitation. I thought it were better to simply forget about it."

"And why did you change your mind then? Anyways, I thought you were here because of a job?"

"Oh, I am... – we are. Stupid coincidence. And considering what changed my mind... Alcohol makes you come to the weirdest decisions," he sighs with a chuckle.

Harry shakes his head in disbelief but laughs, "You're impossible."

Louis lowers his head, staring at his hands but with a smile ghosting over his lips. "Why did you bring me here?"