Chapter 19 - The Young Bloods

My mother was teacher Mary.

So that was why I frequently dreamed about someone I didn't know but I somehow knew she was a person close to my heart.

It was teacher Mary all along.

Fuzzy memories came rushing back: the faint "I love you..." from someone who had a blurred face; the tender, long arms; the curly hair that was swaying with the wind; and the sweet and encouraging "I love you" again when I was about to sleep. Everything was blurry, but then it all made sense now as to why I was having short episodes about the blurred woman every now and then.

Mom143.

Rico brought me back to my senses, "Hey, seems like your friend is about to say something important."

"Everyone, I want you to listen properly. Yesterday, the day we got stranded, I managed to talk with my father using my thought, and he shared with me everything that's happening here. True, it's shocking, but I needed to keep my composure to not give a member of the Young Bloods who was in our group," she gave Josh a look, "an idea that I've already found out. However, he somehow got suspicious, and we got to the point where I needed to link him earlier than planned to force him to help us from a dilemma we faced yesterday. There are so many Garcias in the world, but I actually can't believe that he's in the Garcia family."

"Wait a minute, who exactly are you talking about?" I clarified.

"It's Finlay."

That was a bit predictable, but all the same shocked me.

She stood and moved the coffee table aside, making herself visible to us. She breathed a deep one through her nose and continued, "So, as what I'm telling you, Young Bloods are on our trail. We need to get ready because they will surely kill. Sure, they'll leave Jelly because they'll need her to initiate the transference rite to their leader, but they'll kill her the moment it's done.

"The Young Bloods, who I want you to consider as our enemies, are not invincible. They might be skilled thinkers, but they can be defeated. Their means of accomplishing their objectives and getting what they want are to kill and torture. However, in our case, we just want to disarm and render them unable to fight. And that's the problem."

"What's the problem?" Rico asked.

"I don't have an idea as to how to defeat them without actually hurting them."

"Why don't we just fight them? If they have the intent to kill, let's return the favor. I don't want to kill, but if our lives are in danger, of course, we should retaliate. Isn't that the right thing to do than just wait with our asses to get killed?"

I gave him a look because of the way he spoke. He just shrugged and waited for Chevonne to reply.

"Well, I don't really know. But the Young Bloods we're going to deal with actually live up to their group name. They're all young ones."

"Wait, whut? We're not going to subdue a group of men?" Josh reacted. The shock in it seemed not that apparent, but even so, he asked the same question I meant to ask her.

Who exactly were we dealing with?

"I know this might shock you the way it did to me when I first heard it, but I need you to be open and to accept the facts. We don't really have much time to contradict each other when you'll know who they are, especially us, teachers."

"Go on. There's nothing much more surprising than what we already know. Are they part of the crew of the barge at the beach?" Josh asked.

"No," a voice answered upstairs.