Part 12

"Huh?"  You rub your eyes in disbelief

"Huh?" You rub your eyes in disbelief. Leonardo, the leader in blue, had called you. "No, no, you didn't wake me. What's up?"

"Oh, uh, nothing. I just wanted to check up on you since you won't be back for a while." He sounded nervous to you.

Why was he nervous? Was he afraid that he had done something to scare you away? Maybe he knew that Raphael had driven you away and he was ashamed of it? You didn't know. Though you were curious, you weren't curious enough to ask.

"So," you start, "you guys gonna patrol tonight?" The question was quite random, but you weren't entirely sure of what else to ask.

"Yeah," Leo pauses, presumably in thought. "Raph said he was going to stop by the apartment after patrol, if all goes well."

You think about Raphael's decision. You weren't in favor of seeing Raphael, but you were willing to make a bargain. "Listen, I'm not on a good page with Raphael, so I'd really appreciate it if he wasn't the only one who came over." You felt like you were being rude about this request, but given that you were sick and couldn't stand fighting with the turtle, you would prefer it if there were healthy and unproblematic people there to help you if he decided to start an argument.

Leo remains in silence. He was most likely in thought about your bargain. "We'll see how patrol goes. If we all can come over, then we will. If not, we'll make a plan to come over another day."

And so that was that. Leo kept his end of the bargain. He ended up calling you hours later letting you know that not everyone could come over to see you, so the team would try again on another day.

It was the next day. You were lying down on April's couch still. She had gotten your medicine so you were finally able to stop taking so much Tylenol. That stuff doesn't give the liver any mercy and you weren't ready to lose that organ yet...or at all, really.

The sky was already sprinkled with stars. You hadn't realized this, but then again you had slept most of the day, occasionally waking up to drink water and to use the bathroom.

Sitting up on the couch, you decide to remain awake for a while. Go figure it's already night and I want to stay up, you think to yourself as you roll your eyes. Picking up your phone, you check out the notifications that you missed out on. Going through Snapchat and Instagram, there was nothing too interesting, minus the small amount of memes you had received from your friends. Going to your messages, you see that you had quite a few messages to read...all of which just so happened to have been from Leonardo and Raphael.

You look at the messages with care. Raphael must've been looking over Leo's shoulder because he seemed to have been arguing his point. Your phone was actually still going off, so the messaging must've started recently.

You were too lazy to read everything, so you simply texted Leo, 'Look man, I'm not going to read all of that. Just come over if y'all are able to.'