Part 3

"(Y/n)

"(Y/n)."  Raphael walks over to you and hugs you tightly.

You were confused with his action. It felt extremely random, and quite frankly it was out of place for the clad turtle.  "Raphael, are you okay?" You ask as you hug him back.

"Yeah."  Raph whispered.  The two of you stop hugging.  "I thought I was going to lose you."  His eyes were glossy with tears, but you knew that he wouldn't let them fall.

Your heart hurts for him for just a second.  "Is that why you've been so down?"  That's a stupid question, (Y/n).

"I... I don't know."  You opened the door to your guest room as Raph moved to the side, and you walked in.  You motioned for him to come in along with you so the two of you could talk privately.  Raph closed the door most of the way the way and sat in a chair near the bed.  "I-I guess I just didn't want to leave your side."  He admits to you, mumbling under his breath.  He had a tough time expressing his feelings, but you were proud of him for trying.

"Awe," you smile over to him, "Y'know, you're a really great guy.  But, I don't understand why you'd be so worried about me. I'm a bit of a burden to this team.  I mean, I'm so much of a burden to you specifically that you couldn't even help your brothers out on patrol."  You explain to the turtle.

"You aren't a burden.  You're a friend, and I was just...worried."  Raph sighed.  "Ugh, I sound like Leo." He seemed disgusted with himself for opening up to you.  Maybe it was your remark that made him feel that way.  You weren't sure.

You chuckle a little bit.  "You worried about me a bit too much, Raphael.  I was in a coma.  It's not like I was going to die."  You knew damn well you could've died.  You healed in the sewers.  Had you gotten an infection in your throat wound, it would've been all over for you.  You hoped that your comment would help the clad turtle, though.

Raph looks up to you, giving you the stink eye.  "Well, people have died while in a coma, and I wanted to make sure you weren't going to be one of those people."  He knew that you knew better than to be cocky about being alive.  He also knew that you were just trying to cheer him up, but it wasn't working.

"Raph, really, you don't have to worry about me.  I know I was beat up pretty bad, but I wasn't going to die." You realize you were only gaslighting him, but it was too late to take those words back. 

He shakes his head.  He knew you didn't mean to say those words, but he responds anyways.  "You almost did, actually.  Your throat was slit and that almost killed you." Raph was also right, though. Your throat was slit, you shouldn't have survived. His feelings and actions were justified.

"Pshshshsh.  But I didn't die because you were with me." I need to stop being a total cunt.  Why can't I shut my mouth?   Truly, you couldn't understand why you were still making snide comments about the situation.  Maybe you just wanted to run away from it.