Part 16

(Okay dudes.  This one is gonna hurt.  CAUTION: SEIZURES AND THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE.   Summary at the end.)

You look down at your phone's screen

You look down at your phone's screen.  You smile softly as you click onto Raphael's contact icon.  Tapping onto the phone call logo, you decide that it would be easier to call him and explain the situation. 

The line rings a few times before you get an answer.  "(Y/n)?"  Raphael's concerned voice calls out.

"Hey, Raph.  Sorry for going ghost.  Things have been...difficult."  You chuckle dryly as you rub the back of your neck. 

"Are you okay?  You haven't been captured by anyone, right?  You're safe?"  His protectiveness was cute.  You justified his behavior as you've been on ghost mode for the past few days. 

"Yes, I am safe.  I'm home right now."  You pause in your words.  Maybe meeting in person would be more beneficial for you and Raph instead of talking on the phone.  "Would you like to meet me on the rooftop of my apartment building?"  You ask him.

You could basically hear him nod on the other side of the line.  "I'd love to."  He stops in his words abruptly, caught off guard with his own words.  It wasn't like Raphael to express himself like that. 

You could only giggle in response.  "I'll see you in a few minutes, red one."  With your final words said, you hang up the phone without allowing Raph to get in another word. 

You awaited a message from your turtle letting you know that he arrived.  While waiting, you decide to text Raph's brothers to let them know that you're okay; things would be rough for the next few weeks, maybe months, but you'd be okay.  You don't tell them the situation as it was too much to express over text, but you prayed that once you've told Raphael the situation, that he would relay it to them. 

After sending them each a message they would understand, you finally receive one back from Raph.

Raph: Hey, I'm on the balcony. 

"The balcony?!"  You whisper to yourself in shock.  How the hell did he get there so silently?  You question to yourself.  He was in fact trained to be silent, so it made sense for you to not know when he would show up. 

You walk over to the balcony that was just outside of your bedroom.  You push the curtains away and open the door as silently as possible, checking to see if your father was walking around before you left.  You didn't want to be caught with a mutant turtle for you feared that Dean would call the cops. 

You shut the slider door behind you, and you give Raphael a tight hug immediately.  Finally, your emotions had caught up to you.  You start weeping into his shoulder as he holds you in his arms.  He didn't know what to do since he didn't quite know your situation, but he tried his best to comfort you. 

You pull yourself away from Raph and look up to him, sniffling slightly.  He rubs the tears from your face and purses his lips in thought.  "Want to take this to the rooftop?"